• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest freezes/acts strange

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weezynin3r

Registered
I've been using Memtest86+ v1.51 which is intergrated into my bios on my DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D mobo. Everytime I run memtest it freezes near the 8th test. Sometimes I'll leave it running and come back to the computer and there will be letters where the errors are supposed to show up. Like this
pass ECC errors ECC errors
--------------------------------------------------------------
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Other times it will be filled with "green" and once I came back to the computer and it had red and white stripes going from top to bottom and the memtest screen was gone.

Anybody any idea what this is? I downloaded memtest86+ v1.6 and am thinking of trying that and seeing what happens.

ya im getting the same damn thing and its ****ing me off....can u play any games like css or bf2?
cuz i think its my ram thats making them crash
just got a new enermax noisetaker 475watt psu so its not that
the 3d card has been checked out and the CPU is prime stable for 24+ hours at 2700Mhz
but if i load up a newer game such as bf2 it crashes every time

Back