• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
well, i just got it put together and the light on the board aint even fully on :bang head
its like flickering constantly
here's the setup:
500W fortron bluestorm
256mb ddr2 4200
3x HD's
3x cd roms
6600GT
img12120ek.jpg

and i due have a 4 pin molex plugged in

somebody please help me out :cry:

ok.. i get to windows install and i get blue screen of death :-/

The reason you are getting the BSOD is because the ITE IT8211F IDE (Red) ports don't support ATAPI drives, you must connect the CD-ROM drives to the ICH7R IDE (Blue) port.

Hope this helps!

The manual was useless to me, and I had most of those problems as well.

Just do what everyone else said. CD drives on the blue port, f6 during install, etc, and you should be fine.

HELP! P5WD2P not booting

I am in the process of putting together my new system (see sig).

I followed the manual the best I could, but for some reason the computer will not boot. Everything goes ok until just after the memory test (which passes) and the computer shuts off.

I'm thinking it has to do with the drive setup since one time it went all the way to the IDE check and didn't find anything. What to do?

Help Please! :bang head

HELP P5WD2P Not Booting

I forgot to mention. My CDRom drive is connected to the blue IDE connector.

I've tried connecting my IDE (Maxtor 200GB) along with it on the same connector.

I've tried putting it on the primary EIDE.

I've tried without the IDE drive.

I've tried without the CDROM drive

I've tried with both sata drives on sata1 & sata2

I've tried with one sata drive on sata1

I don't know what's wrong.

I'm beginning to think it's the PSU because I can boot it enough to get to the bios, but after a few seconds everything shuts off.

steveeb said:
I'm beginning to think it's the PSU because I can boot it enough to get to the bios, but after a few seconds everything shuts off.
I've also seen that happen when the cpu was getting too hot because the hsf wasn't seated right. I know you are going to say you did it right, but I would encourage you to pull it back off and take a look and make sure the thermal paste is spread evenly.

crap ~ never updated this.. turns out my usb header was plugged in backwards!
so something like that would prevent this board from booting (GOOD!)
eww... those stock HS's are horrible :(
id scrape off the tape they put on and use some AS5

Here's the crazy thing...

Both the 24pin and 4 pin power plugs were connected. If unplug the 4 pin and power up, You're Right, it doesn't boot, BUT it also doesn't shut off. It stays on till I turn it off.

What do you make of that?

steveeb said:
Here's the crazy thing...

Both the 24pin and 4 pin power plugs were connected. If unplug the 4 pin and power up, You're Right, it doesn't boot, BUT it also doesn't shut off. It stays on till I turn it off.

What do you make of that?
there are *two* 4 pin connectors. There is one molex and a 4/8pin 5V ATX. If both are not plugged in it wont work right.

One is at the top left hand of the motherboard, the other is by the 24pin ATX connector.

Yes all three are connected. When I unplug the 4/8pin (upper left), nothing boots but the computer remains ON. When I plug it in, it boots, but never recognizes any drives and powers off about 30 seconds.

Back