• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPDATE: New Rig WON'T TURN ON!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When i built this current rig my rig did the same thing. Turns out i plugged a fan on the mobo header wrong, i was one pin off to the left on the 4 pin with a 3pin fan... SMH

In a post a few posts ago the op said he had he eight pin cpu power hooked up to the gfx card. That was probably the problem. You hook up pcie power to the gpus and the cpu 8 pin to the motherboard.

In a post a few posts ago the op said he had he eight pin cpu power hooked up to the gfx card. That was probably the problem. You hook up pcie power to the gpus and the cpu 8 pin to the motherboard.

+1
Umm how did the BIOS on the GPU be messed up since you never messed with it? Sounds like a car mechanic saying the muffler bearing was bent? There is no muffler bearing BTW.

Trying to take too much power from the PSU? Righttttt...........

......stupid muffler bearing...... lol

I agree... sounds like a line to me as well.

Ohh, seen that happen, it can fit like that without care and love..

Aha, didn't catch that post. Thanks Theocnoob.

Damn guys, just came back to this! Do you really think they were having me on?

And in which case, it could've been WHICH connector exactly that I had gotten wrong?

That sucks, cost me a lot more to take it to them.

Edit: Sucks hard. Really wish I knew some of you guys in real life. Do any of ya'll live in London?! In the future I'd much rather have my PC looked at by people such as yourselves.

And sorry for the super late response. I intend to put pics up soon!

Thanks again for helping me build a great PC!

Based on what I have read, the problem the tech shop informed you of has about as much merit as the sign language of the interpreter at the Mandela tribute ceremony. Good to finally have a working computer though.

Back