• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 7 Beta2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dowop said:
Thinking about trying it.
Any suggestions or comments?

Don't Do It... you can not down grade if your unhappy and lets face it microsofts released products are insecure and problematic... the beta products I expect to be even worse.

Whats the browser offer that Firefox does not ?

I am running xp sp2
ASUS A8V DELUXE Bios 1017
AMD 3500 Clawhammer
2x512 Supertalent
Raid O 2X 74 GB Raptors
Radion 9800 pro 256
Sorry for the bad post redduc.
I ride a Triumph.

UnseenMenace said:
Don't Do It... you can not down grade if your unhappy and lets face it microsofts released products are insecure and problematic... the beta products I expect to be even worse.

Whats the browser offer that Firefox does not ?
Thanks for the informative & nice reply.

I downloaded firefox.
Works good.
But I cant get any sound from the web pages.

If you're referring to the clicking sounds that you hear in IE when clicking on links or using the Back and Forward buttons, those sounds aren't present in Firefox. Since IE is integrated into the OS, and those clicking sounds (called "Start Navigation" under Windows Explorer, in Sounds and Audio Devices) are part of the Default Windows Sounds... it's normal to hear the sounds in IE, but not in other browsers like Opera, Mozilla, Firefox, etc.

the only thing ie7 ha that firefox and opera dosent is that anti-phising blocl/filter, but you can easily download a firefox extension for that. Dont go with beta ie7, get firefox.

Thanks for the replys.
I downloaded quicktime to get sound.
I am a old coot & enjoy the old songs on Mamarocks.
Thanks again.

I use IE7 on two ofy machines and I haven't had any negative issues with it at alll. My only gripe at all at this point is that the toolbar could be a little more configurable. All in all, I'd say if that is the biggest problem, it's not such a big thing.

As for the comment about not being able to downgrade...
Is that something they changed between Beta1 and Beta2? Because I have not tried to remove Beta2 yet (and have no desire to) but I did remove and reinstall Beta1 several times.

In the interest of full disclosure...I am a Microsoft fan. However Firefox was my main browser on all of my boxes from .7 through 1.5 and I loved it. I am happy that MS finally strted to notice they were missing the mark in the browser department though.

The only problems I've had with it is that I've run into a handful of webpages that don't support it, and won't load in it. But you can remove it if that's a big problem...

I've used beta1 for a couple months now.

If you want to uninstall Beta 2... first try uninstalling via Add or Remove Programs (make sure the "Show Updates" box is checked). If IE7 isn't found there, try typing the following in the Run box...

%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

... (replace %windir% with the path to your Windows folder, most often C:\Windows).

redduc900 said:
If you want to uninstall Beta 2... first try uninstalling via Add or Remove Programs (make sure the "Show Updates" box is checked). If IE7 isn't found there, try typing the following in the Run box...

%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

... (replace %windir% with the path to your Windows folder, most often C:\Windows).
When I uninstalled Beta1, I just did as you first suggested; add and remove programs -> select show updates and remove IE7. Worked a charm. Don't plan on removing Beta2, I just plan on updating the beta should there be a Beta3 or installing the Full Version when it comes out. It's not perfect, but I do like it better than IE6 and IE5.

Thanks for the tip though.

Back