• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Renllek

Well here i am taking my first step in to the world of OC'ing. Why, well i think santa has been looking through my internet history and i received the PSU, Mobo and Case for xmas :santa:

Well the reson iv posted in this thread i think is a little obvious (mobo). As you can see from my sig the comp is not fully built yet and im using my flatmates dieing Sempon setup. I do not have all the bits bought yet but on the most part i know what im gunna be getting except RAM. dont worry im not gunna be asking what RAM you think i should buy as i am able to read/use the search function. however im never one to turn down advice and recomendations.

The whole point of this post? just to say Hello to fellow AW9D users. And also just to say sorry in advance for any dumb *** posts. Like i said, this is my fist step in the the world of OCing!!

Ren

P.S sorry if i have posted this in compleatly the wrong place, but i couldnt find any 'introduction' thread

hey batboy thanks for the welcome. quick Q for ya. i see in your sig that you are using a 37gig raptor. What you got on there, is it ur OS? just i got one aswell and im on a long running 'debate' with someone i know. he says that it is no where big enough for an OS and a few selected progs/games and will run like a bag of sh*t. At most i only have it filled to about 1/2. Is he correct, or talking out of the wrong orifice?

Hello to you too

Feel free to ask away, the guys here like to pass on what they know.

Its up to you, but seeing as you havent picked up your cpu yet think about an E6600, on this board they fly..
All so you wont have to spend as much on ram to get the same OC.
So it should work about the same in dollars or maybe just a little bit more :) .

Any how have a read up on it, and have fun.

would love to have the E6600 but unfortunaly the budget dont strech that far. see what i have so far was not paid for by me and what has been bought already has cost santa more than i have saved for the rest. see all i need now is the Grfx card, CPU and RAM and my budget is about £350 for these 3 items.

I have a little bit of time, as I have the next two weeks off work :beer:
Could you link me/us to 2 or 3 PC store you use and trust so I can see what cost's are like over there.

And on another note.
imo, I think your mate is wrong.
My OS and all the programs I have installed on my main drive only come to a little over 15Gb, and I would say it would run them very well.
But you would need a back up drive for Videos and the like.

Tell your friend to stfu :p . The Raptor is without question faster than your 120gb. He's probably just jealous because he doesn't have a Raptor :p

Renllek said:
hey batboy thanks for the welcome. quick Q for ya. i see in your sig that you are using a 37gig raptor. What you got on there, is it ur OS? just i got one aswell and im on a long running 'debate' with someone i know. he says that it is no where big enough for an OS and a few selected progs/games and will run like a bag of sh*t. At most i only have it filled to about 1/2. Is he correct, or talking out of the wrong orifice?

The 37 gig Raptor is rather small nowadays, but it ain't that tiny. I have Windows XP, a several programs, and some backup directories on the Raptor. Most of my programs, games, data files, music, digital photos, etc. are on my bigger harddrive. Anyway, the Raptor is about half full and it's still very fast. Certainly faster than any regular SATA 7200 RPM drive. There are harddrive benchmarks you can run to compare your Raptor to his HDD if you want.

i dont for one min think he is correct and if i could get him to run the benchmarking prog i would as i know it would probs shut him up once and for all. Problem is as he is the otherside of the country (i know him from another forum) and there is no way i can guarantee he will give me the correct results. im just happy in the knowledge that you guys, that have probs been trying to squeeze that last bit of performance out of their computers for as long as he claims to of been building PC for his 'company':rolleyes: , say that it isnt too small for what im using it for and will notl run very slow:)

Back