• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1E and EIST on P5K Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jason4207

I know there are a lot of questions about people not understanding how to turn these settings off, but I want to know how to turn them on!

I've had C1E disabled from initial boot, but I don't see a speedstep, or EIST option anywhere. I never had any problems w/ my board changing multipliers or reducing voltage when I didn't want it to. Now I would like to enable these options, so that my PC will be running a lot cooler, and consuming a lot less energy when it's idle or just torrenting for instance. I've re-enabled C1E, and the speed drops from 3.6GHz to 2.7GHz appropriately. The voltage, however, does not drop. My guess is that since I have taken manual control of the Vcore, the MoBo doesn't know how far to drop the Vcore when it drops the speed. Is my assumption correct? Is there no way for my PC to drop the Vcore, and speed automatically during idle?

I'm looking for a BIOS option, and not a software option, but I still want to hear any software options. I might give them a whirl.

:beer:

LOL this puzzled me too at first..... the option is found at the end of the list in CPU Configuration menu. HOWEVER you need to have the CPU Ratio Control option at the top set to Auto.

What I have noticed is that cpuz does not detect a reduction in vcore when idle. I dunno if this is a problem with cpuz or the board. But cpuz definitely detects increases in vcore with CPU damper enabled....

Last edited:
Back