• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a Black ICE GT Xtreme 240 handle the heat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karlthomas102

as the title seas i have will have to have my cpu OC see sig and 2 8800gts's in sli to water cool, will the rad handle the heat i must keep my cpu temp under 55c load
thx karl

ps i can only have a rad no longer than 780mm long as my case is very small

Actual temps are REALLY difficult to come up with. So......

The short answer would be, no. get a 120.3 sized radiator.

thing is i want to keep the tubing to a minumum so i want to mount the rad inside but with this case case its imposoble to get a triple rad inside inless i mount it on top whitch i dont want to do because of the heat it sucks in from other heat sorses

what about another single or another duble rad out the back with rad box?

This is a loaded question Karl.

If I say, it will, and you use 1/4" tubing & it overheats I get blamed for frying a cpu.
You decied to use a homemade pump & it croaks....

I'd say if you use common sence, a triple rad, 1/2" tubes, a really good pump, good fans that put out some cfm, a good additive to the water, and a good TIM, you should be in good shape.

:attn:

i have 1/2" tubing a d5 pump - will 2 double rads work ok i do want to keep flow rate up i think i may have to mount it extrnaly:(

If you can keep the GPU temps down You "SHOULD" do alright.

If you can runa res, that would help too.

What H2O block are you looking at running on the cpu?

If you ar eplanning on mounting a second rad externally, why not just mount a 120.3 sized rad externally using a rad box?

Back