• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a replacement mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
well thanks to what I assume was a lightning strike my dear friend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131025 Asus P5W DH Deluxe is dead. So I need a new one but dont want(and cant really afford) to drop 300+ on it's newer big brother such as the P5E3's. (that and Im a bit out of touch with the new gear)

So basically I have a couple requirements.
1) must support core 2 duo and quad core; since ill likely take this opportunity to upgrade to a quad depending on prices, and ill be reinstalling anyways
2) must support atleast DDR2 PC6400+ RAM (I dont use more than 4 gigabites so i doubt that will be an issue)
3) must be able to do matrix raid, I fell in love with it on this mobo so I want it again. (will be doing RAID 1)
4) must support SLI of two 8800GTS SE
5) must accept this zalman cooler (ie cant have wierd heatsinks that get in the way) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118114
6) doubt this will be a problem but must fit in my Antec900 Rev2 case.
7) some minor OC is nice but with the heat from my farm + summer I wont be doing much right initially anyways.

If you are sticking with DDr2 and SLI, either evga FTW 780i or 750i. There are not much options Not sure what raid does it support.

ya got my money into other things recently and this computer is way too new for a total upgrade like going to DDR3 so I guess Im stuck...

The boards I find with your requirements have SLI, but none have Matrix raid, just NV Raid :(

You might have to see if you find a duplicate board like your dead one on ebay.

Check it

Thanks but I refuse to purchase used computer equipment on ebay unless its stuff for random projects, not my main rig. I guess it doesnt havet to have matrix raid I just liked it but built in SATA raid is a requirement.

ok slight necro post but I still havent bought a mobo.

changing the requirements a bit as well. Any recommendations for a NON-SLI board? I figured with how mainstream DDR3 is I will have to go that route soon so I can live without SLI for a while (I only used it for crysis anyways).

Back