• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad flash on blood iron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

jus got a blood iron mobo and the first thing my dumbbutt does once i get vista loaded was go to the webtsite to get latest bios and flashed it with winflash according to thier site... everything looks good while its flashing then i leave the room for a second to come back and see no display on the screen... dunno what happened.. left it like that for a few minutes and then i just turned the system off... turned back on and nothing..... no post... sadly i jus got this mobo to replace a defunct ds3r that i failed at flashing as well... i shouldnt have played with flashin this bi since it seemed fine... ughhh

any way to clear the bios? ive pulled the bat out but nothing...

Nope, it's fubar alright. Same thing happend to me too here .

Unless you have a sales invoice/reciept for the board, I'm afraid you're going to have to do the "DFI RMA Waltz" as I did. Here's the whole ordeal

Good luck.

Yeah, Neb knows all about their "Tech Support" Unfortunately. Reading those 2 threads will make you think twice about buying DFI products in the future, unfortunately. They make good product but they pretty much suck for quality tech support.:screwy:

i saw ur thread... it sucks for me right now because i dont have a job at the momment either.... i guess ill call em up and say the board was a bday gift so i wont have the reciept .. i worked at k&n filters cust service b4 and if people got things as a gift we wouls accept no reciept warranty claims.....

i saw ur thread... it sucks for me right now because i dont have a job at the momment either.... i guess ill call em up and say the board was a bday gift so i wont have the reciept .. i worked at k&n filters cust service b4 and if people got things as a gift we wouls accept no reciept warranty claims.....

ah K&N good stuff. Just cleaned mine a few weeks ago! :santa2:

Not trying to thread crap but this is why I ALWAYS shell out the cash for the DFI boards with the removable bios chip. I have had only one bad flash and it was done from a bootable cd. The removable chip was so easy to fix. Now I always run a secondary bios device. Good luck with the rma. I have always flashed from within windows without issue and back in the NF4 days I would flash several times a day....

If the bios chip is removable, there is a gentleman in these forums that'll flash a chip compatible with your board for a small fee. I bought two new chips for 36$. I believe his service is advertised under the "services" Thread in the classifieds.

Edit : http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=254483

Last edited:
gigabyte gave me an rma number for my p35 ds3r so imma send that in.. about 2nd or 3rd time im rma this thing, these boards are buggy for some, always resetting bios overclocks... and i ruined this one also in a flash, i usually use windows @BioS with success, and thought id try qflash and it went bad.. but gigabyte is pretty quick on their rmas.

thanks for the link Thecheat... hmm i just sent my ds3r a few minutes ago without looking at the bios chip.. but im pretty sure thats soldered on as well

called tech , they told me to email [email protected] so ill shot an email, guy said they respond fast .. i hope its only $20.. like you i purchased my BI from hardforums for $65.. so 20bucks wont be bad, still a good deal on this board.

I just like gigabytes warrantee better though, no questions asked they give you a rma number from filling out a online form in a matter of minutes usually.

been playing my ps3 alot...gta4 is really fun online. using my tmobile wing to go online via wifi (windows mobile phones rock!)

playing the waiting game... lol

i missed ups with my ds3r!!! no word on the blood iron but ill have the ds3r up tomarrow.

I just killled my P5NSLI with a windows based BIOS update. Also defo agree on the windows mobile, we have to use my mates t-mobile vario2 (I have the same phone its old but badass) at work for the net as the broadband is awful there.

Back