• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pretty ****ed off....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicayotte

:mad: Had my current loop running with a swift tech mp335, acrylic top for less then 6 months and the pump isn't spinning. Purchased this from sidewinders and it seems they only warranty parts for 60 days! Am i SOL or will swift tech warranty this?

PS: No permanent modification has been done to the pump or anything that connects to it. This pump is running only a cpu loop on a i7 920....:mad:

take the loop completely apart and take pics of the pump while its apart. try putting the pump back together and running it outside of your case.
it could be as simple as a clog stopping the pump from starting up

take the loop completely apart and take pics of the pump while its apart. try putting the pump back together and running it outside of your case.
it could be as simple as a clog stopping the pump from starting up

Really? How does it get clogged if its a sealed loop, never opened and only running distilled and ph nuke, just curious before i tear it all apart

Edit : I looked at what i wrote and i sound like an A-hole, i was just curious not doubting you just wanna be sure thats a possiblity

Stuff happens. Parts like radiators get chunks of stuff from either chemical build-up or crud from manufacturing and storage that can come out after a while of running.
It could be as simple as a seal shrinking over time, dropping the top too close to the impeller.
It might even be something that fell into a tube while you were setting it up.
It wouldn't take much to stop an impeller turning in a tight-toleranced volute. Check under the impeller too, on the "ball" end of it or up in the bearing hole.

Back