• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 920 - UD3R - OCZ 6GB RAM Overlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpwild

Hello, I have built my self a new computer and trying my best to get 4ghz with my setup.

CPU: I7 920 D0 stepping
Mobo: Gigabyte x58A-Ud3R Rev 1.0 with F5 BIOS
RAM: OCZ 3x2GB RAM 1333mhz-CL 9-9-9-20 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
Case: Coolermaster Dominator 2 with additional fans
Cooler: Noctual dual fan and dual radiator beast.
GFX: HIS 5850 running at stock speed (would like to overclock)
PSU: Antec Truepower 750W

Current BIOS Settings:

CPU Clock Ration: [x20]
Turbo Boost: [Enabled]
CPU Clock Ration: [x36]
Uncore: [x13]
Isochronous support: [Disabled]
BCLK: [200]

Performance Enhance: [Auto]
System Memory Multiplier: [6.0]
Dram Timings: [Auto]
Load Line Calibration: [Standard]

My system does not seem stable at 1.25 volts set in BIOS.

My system does seem stable with higher voltage as you can see below. My problem is temps and would maybe best to have them lower.

I have tighten, or at least I think I have, tightened my RAM timings to 8-8-8-16 when they are stock at 9-9-9-20. @ 1333MHZ I've read the '20' should be 24? Also people are running these at 1.66 volts at 1800mhz. I can set the MHZ but not sure what options changes the RAM Voltage?

I also think I need to lower the voltages of the CPU, but I'm not sure what setting other voltages need to be at such as DRAM and QPI VTT.

Is it a good idea to focus on lowering the CPU voltage a little and then work on the other voltages?

I've ran Lynx without errors and his mid 80's after a day of computing use and various other benchmark tests.

I'm very new to overclocking and would like some help on getting sorted with the voltages and memory settings. I would be very grateful for any specific help any one can give me. Thanks. Below is a screenshot of my latest Lynx run and latest settings.

2.jpg

Back