• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-E Multiplier??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
Ok after really reveiwing the jumper mode settings I have a question. The jumperless mode supports 100-133 fsb. What is the pci/agp divider on that? If you look at the picture I attached 100-133 fsb circled in red the pci/agp is way too high. Is that what your setting through the BIOS?

if you'll notice the 133mhz settings....one has everything set way too high, and the other has it just right.

From 100-close to 133mhz FSB, the dividers are 1/3 for PCI, and 2/3 for AGP. At 133 your mobo should (if not set manually) change the PCI divider to 1/4 (133/4 = 33), and the AGP divider to 1/2 (133/2 = 66). The object is to keep both settings as close as possible to 33mhz for PCI & 66mhz for AGP.

Most times anything from 100-124 is OK for most equip...anything above and you need to jump to 133 to take advantage of lower multipliers.

Thanks for the reply buddy. I was wondering but that totally makes sense.:D

hi
how can i change on the asus board the divider for pci and agp?
is this possible via the bios settings and if yes how?
thanks
leicam

cw823 said:
At 133 your mobo should (if not set manually) change the PCI divider to 1/4 (133/4 = 33), and the AGP divider to 1/2 (133/2 = 66). The object is to keep both settings as close as possible to 33mhz for PCI & 66mhz for AGP.

The only way to take advantage of the 1/4 multiplier w/ the P4T-E is to use the jumper mode, not the bios. If you are over clocking via the bios, you will not get the 1/4 divider and your PCI bus will be run way out of spec.

The P4T-E does not have built in dividers to the bios. Most everyone you see w/ a P4T-E overclocked really high is using the dip-switches to achieve the overclock. Hope this helps.

p.s. I have found it much easier to overclock through the switches. All you have to do is turn your system off, open the case and change the settings like the chart that was posted earlier in this thread.

I myself would use the Dip switch with 33.3 PCI and 66.6 AGP. Thats just me though. Mine at 142 is at 35.5 PCI and 71 AGP.

When you change the FSB via jumper mode, does that have any effect on your voltage settings? Can you still change the voltage settings via the bios?

JudgeDredd said:
Where'd you get that multiplier chart from?

Page 20 of your P4T-E manual (not P4T) is the CPU Ratio Multiplier Table which I use, but for the FSB I use the P4T manual. Hope it helps...

The CPU multiplier dip switches don't do anything since Intel locks the chip. It doesn't matter what settings you have for the first four switches (which as bm1 pointed out) are in the P4T-E manual. The only settings that matter are in the P4T manuel.

Go to the Intel CPU's section of the forums and there is a 'sticky' at the top of the page by BatBoy outlining the Pentium 4 Northwood vid pin. Bascially, you short a couple of pins on the processor by placing a copper wire strand around them. Depending on which pins you 'wrap' the core voltage of the P4 can be set anywhere from 1.7 to 1.85 volts. This is an issue with the P4T-E because when you overclock via the jumpers, you can't change the vcore via the bios, so you have to do a vid pin mod to get a voltage your comp will run stable at. Hope this helps.

VaTechHokies

P.S. I would post a direct link to the sticky, but my browser is all messed up and I can't get the intel cpu page to display properly. I think the thread is called somthing like wire wrapping the northwood.

Thanks.

What about the vcore settings. Can it be changed after you do the mod? Meaning... If it mod it to 1.85 and it's too hot for air cooling, do I just go in the bios and set it lower?

What are the possibilities of getting a Asus P4T-E with a 2.4 northwood, air cooled with a Sunflower to 3 GHz?

Thanks,
Link2000

Link2000 said:
What about the vcore settings. Can it be changed after you do the mod? Meaning... If it mod it to 1.85 and it's too hot for air cooling, do I just go in the bios and set it lower?

What are the possibilities of getting a Asus P4T-E with a 2.4 northwood, air cooled with a Sunflower to 3 GHz?

Thanks,
Link2000

If I were you, I'd start out with lesser voltages and work my way up. I have a 2.0A at 2.72 (136 FSB) w/ 1.8v vcore. I suspect that I might even be able to get away w/ a vcore of 1.7, but I am not going to risk the wire wrap I did, as my temps are fine. What model of the 2.4 did you get? The 100 FSB or the 133 FSB? I would say either way your chances of getting 3 ghz are pretty good, as it is only a little overclock. I suspect it would be easier to reach 3.0 ghz with a 100 FSB chip because most current hardware can get up to 133 w/o any problems, its just getting past there.

As far as your question about lowering the vcore once you raise it to 1.85...I don't think you'll be able to lower it through the bios because the mobo thinks the default voltage of the processor would be 1.85. I haven't tried this either though.

Good luck in your quest for 3.0!

Back