• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro Problems??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaka

Registered
Just got a new graphics card (gigabyte 9800pro):)
All is fine, but when i run 3DMark2003 it keeps jumping.........:mad:
so wana kno if any1 with the came card has the same problem!!!!!

oh yeh, my curent rig is:-

P4G8X Deluxe
P4 2.53Ghz @ 2.83Ghz
1GB PC3200 TwinMOS DDR RAM
128Mb Gigabyte 9800Pro

Card at stock, and CAT3.4!!!!
i kno theres a problem with the radeon 9700 and my chipset (running on AGP 8X) but thats been rectified hasnt it!?!?

Did you install a fresh copy of your OS when you got the card? Which card were you using beofre?

Have you tried switching to AGP 4X and running it?

nah, don't really c the point in re-installin OS, was usin a gForce2 GTS but that shoodnt affect nefing!!!!
AGP 4X, guna give it a try, thanx for remindin me!!!!!
post the results!!!!

Oh yeh jus updated to CAT 3.5, but it seems 2 give me a lower 3Dmark score!!!!

i just got the same card.... no problems i run 5400+ on 3dmark03

but i wanna know where i can make adjustments like...
change my alising and diff setings... its not where my nvidia setings were...

can anyone help me?

You will have to reinstall your OS shortly or clean your registry and reinstall all of your games as the nvidia drivers and ATi drivers dont play nicely together. When I upgraded from a GF3 I had all kinds of funkyness until I installed everything clean

omfg, who cares about the 3dmark score, ..... its only numbers, I dont care about that stuff, only IQ and performance, format, install windows, OC the card install all the latest drivers for your mobo and gfx card and it will fly.

aite...thank doodes realli appreciate it.........................i'll do that as soon as i hav time, let u guys kno how it ends up!!!!

hmm.. I upgraded from a geforce 2 gts to a r9500 with no problems. I just installed the drivers and it works fine..

Check the nvidia forum and they can hook you up with a good cleaner, as I can't remember the name of it...

Way too early for me at the moment.

Oh yeah, I scored about 10644 in 3DMark 2001 with nothing overclocked using the drivers that came on the disk. I didn't try it with 3dM2k3...

I had the same problem, did a reinstall and it went away. Saying that at the same time I upgraded from an XP 1600+ to a P4 2.4c :D

3d mark kinda makes a score based on frame rates and shaders and things

obviously is 3d mark gives a card a higher score it runs better and higher frames

Back