• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will VGA Silencer fit GF4 MX440? plz HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Guvernment said:
and no reason for it....

Well, there is :). It's for my friend and it's VERY hot in his house. His CPU temps are 46c idle / ~ 57c load (games) stock speeds. And that's an Intel! P4 2.4b. I've always had 27-34c when I've had same CPU with stock HS. And the reason came up when he said he started to see some artifacts on the screen.

I know that silencer will be TOO MUCH for a card like that, but hey, we all go crazy sometimes :D.

Iceberq4 was the one to get, but I just thought I might ask.

Thank you for the info!
-LogRus

do you have an intel HS sitting around? Drill holes into it and use some rubber bushings from the back of the card. This will help a great deal for the heat issue.

My buddy has the same problem in his house in the winter(parents are old and like the heat at 80 or so) And this brought his temps down a great deal on his 9800pro.

Im sure it will work for your friend also.

Harry

harryinny3 said:
do you have an intel HS sitting around? Drill holes into it and use some rubber bushings from the back of the card. This will help a great deal for the heat issue.

My buddy has the same problem in his house in the winter(parents are old and like the heat at 80 or so) And this brought his temps down a great deal on his 9800pro.

Im sure it will work for your friend also.

Harry

Well I don't have an Intel HS around but I've had 1 from AMD 2400+ XP somewhere. This should do the job just fine. And how could I forget about that stuff :rolleyes: ...

Thanks!
-LogRus

Back