• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Piii 500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick_77

I am new at this, so bear with me. I would like to know how to overclock my PIII 500. It is a dell system.

Welcome.

Unfortunately you have 2 strikes against you. The CPU isn't the best for overclocking, but you might squeeze a couple mhz out of her. Your motherboard won't handle overclocking features, you'd have to use a windows program to increase your bus speed (and in turn increase the processor speed).

In my signature is a link to software I keep handy. Download Softfsb from there and try increasing your bus speed a couple mhz at a time. I also recommend reading the tips section on our homepage for some guidance.

Pinky,

Would you recommend upgrading the mother board, and processor, and if so which would you recommend for my particular case? If you need other info about my pc please let me know.

Back