• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Allendale Max OC thread (E6300-L2, E6400-L2, E4300-1066strap)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ti20n

Max OC thread for E6300/E6400 rev *L2* & pinmodded E4300

Edited to avoid more misguided replies. ^-- Mind the new title.

Hi everyone! :D

This thread is intended for listing max overclocking results with the following models only:

- E6300 revision L2 (not B2)
- E6400 revision L2 (not B2)
- E4300 pin-modded to 1066 strap

Please use the following format; most info is found on the box/cpu (thanks Evilsizer :beer: ):

"Retail" or "OEM"
SSPEC (e.g. SL9TB)
PLANT (e.g. Malay)
BATCH (e.g. Q641A268)
REVISION ("L2" only! If B2, please refrain from posting thanks :p)

MAX OC on stock volts (Orthos Stable)
MAX OC (Orthos Stable)
MOBO Used / bios, Vcore, Vmch, Vichio/Vsb, Vfsb, Strap
Cooling & Temps (using Core Temp, for now)

Last edited:
Mine is an allendale.

3.0 stock Volts, Ortho and Prime stable for 12 hours or more, small ffts

MOBO: Abit AW9
Aftermarket Cooling, Running at 30c Idle, 50C Full load.

I would be interested to see some results from teh Conroes.

"Retail" or "OEM"
SSPEC (e.g. SL9TB)
PLANT (e.g. Malay)
BATCH (e.g. Q641A268)
REVISION ("L2" only!)

^ I don't have all of that ^ or i would have posted it...

I guess it's prolly Retail

and i think L2

That's all i got

ogeretla said:
"Retail" or "OEM"
SSPEC (e.g. SL9TB)
PLANT (e.g. Malay)
BATCH (e.g. Q641A268)
REVISION ("L2" only!)

^ I don't have all of that ^ or i would have posted it...

I guess it's prolly Retail

and i think L2

That's all i got

You need to find out, because otherwise it doesnt help at all :)

The purpose is to find out if the change in the cores affected the OC any

eh, this post was on the 2nd page. it didn't look like anyone was going to post on it, so i thought i would add what i had. Ah well, forget it then I will go ahead and delete it. I am not taking out the chip to get the stepping info and such.

ogeretla said:
eh, this post was on the 2nd page. it didn't look like anyone was going to post on it, so i thought i would add what i had. Ah well, forget it then I will go ahead and delete it. I am not taking out the chip to get the stepping info and such.
part of the reason there were no posts is the core hasnt really showed up anywhere yet, the new cores are a 2nd revision to the first run of chips, which wont appear until all the old ones have moved out of stores.

Well if you do a search you will find that the new 6300/6400 are now shipping as Allendales, while the old revisions were Conroes with 2mb of cache disabled.

So you are half right.

itznfb said:
E6000's are not allendales
not yet they arent. but soon they will be when intel starts on their newer series. Therefore the point of the thread would be to find out what kind of OC the *new* E6000's will bring to the table.

*edit*d'oh didnt refresh, Bryan_d beat me to it.

Only a week until I'll have 6400 Allendale results...
Please do not use threads intended as archives to discuss the validity of calling newer 6300s and 6400s as "Allendale"s, or anything else. Post results. That's it. Stop threadcrapping.

EDIT: Since I don't want to waste any more posts in regards to Allendale versus Conroe, please read the following links:
http://www.behardware.com/news/8499/less-power-greedy-core-2-duo.html
http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ProcFam=2558&sSpec=&OrdCode=
http://translate.google.com/transla...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=G

Last edited:
Here Ill contribute

Retail
SSPEC ?? Where is this
PLANT ?? Where is this
BATCH Q648A289
REVISION L2

MAX OC on stock volts (Orthos Stable) did not find it I would say around 2800
MAX OC (Orthos Stable) 3200
Commando 803, 1.55v
55 full load with water fan on medium

tried to do the 1333 strap but i guess i didnt do it good enough because it wouldnt even post, Ill try again later when I have more time

motherboard did 475x6 but I cant boot 475x7 450x7 at 1.5v is stable as can be

Last edited:
I have an E6400 Allendale which has a 1.3250 VID according to Core Temp. It's running stable at 3.2ghz at 1.30v, so that's technically below stock voltage. I haven't tried to OC higher mainly because my temps are a bit high, but also because I'm a rather conservative OCer by nature. Don't expect me to attempt any new world records. I probably need to lap my Ultra-120 since it should be working a little better than it is. If the temps can be reduced I will try for 3.4ghz.

What About

I Just Picked up a 6300 And i don't know if this will help but.

CPU-Z says mine is a Allendale
Rev: B2?
Batch: L632B151
SSPEC: SL9SA
PLANT: ?Where?
Box Says Packed on 01/04/07

3.0ghz Stock Volts
3.5 @ 1.38v Temps: 30/45 Zalman 9700 in P180B
M/B:p5B-Deluxe/Bios: 910
@ 3.5/500FSB my OCZ Value Pro ram kept giving up it needed 2.3v @ 5,6,6,18 just to get there.

IWasHungry said:
Only a week until I'll have 6400 Allendale results...
Please do not use threads intended as archives to discuss the validity of calling newer 6300s and 6400s as "Allendale"s, or anything else. Post results. That's it. Stop threadcrapping.

it's not threadcrapping. its an incorrect thread. 6000 series cpus will never be allendale. 6000 series cpus are 1066 fsb conroes. 4000 series are 800fsb allendale and 6050 series is 1333 fsb conroe. the numbers aren't there for fun, they designate technical specifications of the chip. they can't just change in the middle of production.

this thread is calling 6000 series chips allendales. which they are incorrect in doing so as well as distributing incorrect information to the community.

What does the a revision change mean then? Why did they use to be B2 now L2? and there is a noticeable difference in the oc

If your so right then post a link or something to hard facts, if you cant prove they arnt then your just guessing like everyone else

ikeenen said:
I Just Picked up a 6300 And i don't know if this will help but.

CPU-Z says mine is a Allendale
Rev: B2?
Batch: L632B151
SSPEC: SL9SA
PLANT: ?Where?
Box Says Packed on 01/04/07

3.0ghz Stock Volts
3.5 @ 1.38v Temps: 30/45 Zalman 9700 in P180B
M/B:p5B-Deluxe/Bios: 910
@ 3.5/500FSB my OCZ Value Pro ram kept giving up it needed 2.3v @ 5,6,6,18 just to get there.

you have a conroe core not allendale Rev B2 is conroe

itznfb said:
it's not threadcrapping. its an incorrect thread. 6000 series cpus will never be allendale. 6000 series cpus are 1066 fsb conroes. 4000 series are 800fsb allendale and 6050 series is 1333 fsb conroe. the numbers aren't there for fun, they designate technical specifications of the chip. they can't just change in the middle of production.

this thread is calling 6000 series chips allendales. which they are incorrect in doing so as well as distributing incorrect information to the community.

The new revision of e6300 and e6400 are Allendales with 2MB cache native. All 'B2' cores are Conroes with 4MB cache but the e6300 and e6400 have half disabled. Intel made a 2MB native core because the 4MB cache takes up a huge amount of die space so it only made sense to make all 2MB chips from this die. It was common for people to mistakenly call B2 e6300 and e6400 Allendales because the codename was known for 2MB chips but they were 4MB cache dies as you said, however the newer ones are 2MB native cache 'true' Allendales. This information has been widely posted on most news sites. The thread title is correct.

Enough wasting posts, more results please!

Last edited:
jmorgan said:
What does the a revision change mean then? Why did they use to be B2 now L2? and there is a noticeable difference in the oc

If your so right then post a link or something to hard facts, if you cant prove they arnt then your just guessing like everyone else

intel.com

Back