• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't seen any issues, and my RAC is steady, except for a slight dip when I swapped out my recalled P67 board for a new B3 last night. Is this happening to me too while I'm not looking?

I've found that while stress testing, Rosetta seems to be harder on a system than IBT with lots of memory. Maybe some folks who keep seeing issues could have their machines at the edge of the OC envelope? I dunno. :shrug:

Is this happening to me too while I'm not looking?
:sn:

Al the records are there on the web site. You can look back at your work units.

I've found that while stress testing, Rosetta seems to be harder on a system than IBT with lots of memory. Maybe some folks who keep seeing issues could have their machines at the edge of the OC envelope? I dunno. :shrug:
While it's true that Rosetta can stress a system beyond what other stress tests do, that has nothing to do with these errors. These happen within a few seconds of the WU starting and the same error is reported by the other host that processes the work unit. And beyond that, I'm getting the same error on all of my crunchers/nibblers and only 2 of 8 are overclocked.

I see. I just checked my WHS box and saw computation errors on T0* and Ross3X3* tasks. And good to know it's happening on un-OC'd machines too. Thanks for the tip.

I'm getting a larger then average number of ~3 second borked units too, but not the swaths of them that I get when I screw an OC up (when that happens I tend to bork >100 units in about 30 seconds, it's not subtle).

I'm getting like 10 or more a day from ALL my systems now..
They must be playing with the code because I even see a little cred for for the errored ones...

Looks like my faulty work units are cleared up. My RAC has dropped off and levelled out for the last three or four days while that was happening, but it looks like both machines are crunching smoothly again and my RAC is increasing once more.

Bobnova, I really don't think these large patches of errored work units had to do with bad overclocks. Too many people were experiencing it, even on non-overclocked machines. The symptoms may be similar, but I think the problem lies with Rosetta this time.

Looks like my faulty work units are cleared up. My RAC has dropped off and levelled out for the last three or four days while that was happening, but it looks like both machines are crunching smoothly again and my RAC is increasing once more.

Bobnova, I really don't think these large patches of errored work units had to do with bad overclocks. Too many people were experiencing it, even on non-overclocked machines. The symptoms may be similar, but I think the problem lies with Rosetta this time.

I'm curious as to what happened. I came home last night, and hadn't received any new work. The server was down for maintenance for a bit and I didn't get any new tasks for about 6 hours. All seems to be well now though.

My highest point rig was taken down a couple weeks ago for some final benching and then going up for sale. I just brought the replacement rig online to push myself over the million mark and test the hardware(I7 920). I am hoping to get a new amd system when bulldozer comes out and put it under water for 24/7 rosetta.

BENNNY!!!!!!!!

haha.
I saw your pics on facebook, your dog rocks.
And the caption under that picture of the girl at the bowling alley?!!!! I spit my pop all over my keyboard. rofl. :clap:

Hi baditude, yeah Albert is very cool, he's the best dog I could have asked for. He's friendly with everyone, except with people he doesn't know or considers intruders/enemies - he has one mean sounding bark! Its a shame someone dumped him like trash but he has a good home now!

ok im now in on this with my lappy and my quad core setup now i just need that nifty rosetta tag on my username lol

ok im now in on this with my lappy and my quad core setup now i just need that nifty rosetta tag on my username lol

It's a public group. Just go in to your UserCP/Group Memberships (under networking in the menu on the left) and select "Join Group" beside the Rosetta Team. Then click "Update Display Group" at the bottom and you're set! '
Welcom aboard! :welcome:

That's a great pic, Ben. Albert looks like he's having a great time. You know that's the last time we ask you to go find a chihuahua to adopt, right Ben? :rofl:

I'm starting to slowly switch back to Rosetta now, from SETI. I'm following your lead here, Ben - goal is a million in FAH/Rosetta/SETI. Adding World Community Grid to the million point goal, as well.

Last edited:
Right well after a house move and a fight with the internet company, im back online shall start chruching on all RIGS, Catch ya soon

Welcome back Virtualyoda. Glad you won your internet company argument. :clap:

I'm just today bringing back a second rig to Rosetta. First page RAC, coming up! :D

It's been really quiet around here lately, eh?
I've been spending most of my time (and money :( ) on my new GF, so I've been pretty scarce.

I see that the Czech team decided to have a little Rally, and are now seated firmly in 1st place again. We've been steady at 212K for the last few days which is awesome, but anyone who was around for the last RAC harvest, knows that Team OCF has more than enough power to blow them out of the water even at their current 230K.

Bad, I've had problems with Rosetta since the end of the first month into the contest. I've tried de-clocking both my machines and nothing seems to help. I just seem to hit streaks of bad work units where a core or three will just freeze up on a work unit. My RAC should be about 6900, and I was there at one point BEFORE the contest ever started, but I've been having the RAC blues ever since. I am doing my best for Team OCF, and am damn close to passing my 1,000,000 mark, but this is damned frustrating.

I find myself aborting work units once every couple of days. I really don't know what the heck is going on, but this never used to happen.
I feel your pain, but I can't help but wonder why everyone is not having this problem.

Back