• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardest of the Year 2k1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not bad at all Andy, although I do not concur with his assesment of AMD vs Intel. I sincerely do not think Intel will be handing anything to anyone I think that this year will playout like last year, via the numbers game. Just my opinion

J

SpeeDj said:
Not bad at all Andy, although I do not concur with his assesment of AMD vs Intel. I sincerely do not think Intel will be handing anything to anyone I think that this year will playout like last year, via the numbers game. Just my opinion

J

I think too along the same lines. I think that is any enhancements get made to the Throroughbred cores to up performance aswell as shrink die size, I think the PR rating may become even more seperated from the actual clock speed.

It was good to see the best of the year round up and to see how many choices that I'd made that I agreed with etc. It's always nice to see if others think along the same lines as you and if for the same reasons or not. That is what drew me to that article ;)

wild_andy_c said:

I think too along the same lines. I think that is any enhancements get made to the Throroughbred cores to up performance aswell as shrink die size, I think the PR rating may become even more seperated from the actual clock speed.

It was good to see the best of the year round up and to see how many choices that I'd made that I agreed with etc. It's always nice to see if others think along the same lines as you and if for the same reasons or not. That is what drew me to that article ;)
I agreed with some of the assesment's I couldn't believe that he chose Klipsh 2.1's over their 5.1's for the speakers of the year tho. I have noticed alot of reviewers doing a ton of bandwagon jumping this year, almost month to month. When AMD switched to the PR system I thought the whining and moaning was never going to end. I truly think the K7 has been a remarkable win for AMD design wise and scalability where would Intel be if they tried to push their processor on that die size? I just can't wait for the Hammer line, that's the one I want. I think the Hammer's will succeed in bring high scalability SMP to the masses... Just think a nice little four way hammer setup some Unreal II and bam the gaming rig monster of the future that can still search for et and a cure for cancer while running balls out.

Just my opinion

J

aaarrgghhh !!! I never thought - that's a great use for the dual athlon 1.0MP rig I've got in front of me - Unreal II !!!!

i dunno guys..sounds an awful lot like propaganda. I mean tell me if this doesn't sound like a commercial,

"VisionTek has extended their product warranties on their current line of cards to "Lifetime". VisionTek has a fully staffed phone support center to field your questions for free if you own their card. VisionTek has some of the most competitive pricing going. VisionTek makes a damn good product. If you can show me better here in the good old US of A I will happily buy you a beer. Oh yeah, they make their cards here in the USA too. "

Almost makes me wanna buy one :p

Do they or do they not have a point though. Visiontek have come from nowhere to being NVidia's sole USA manufacturing partner and have a great product line - where's the propaganda ?

wild_andy_c said:
aaarrgghhh !!! I never thought - that's a great use for the dual athlon 1.0MP rig I've got in front of me - Unreal II !!!!
Another good use would be to send it SpeeDj... :cool:

lol, I will say I do like the Visiontek cards as well I bought one of the GF3Ti200 and it has been nothing short of a solid performer, best investment I have made in a while.

J

wild_andy_c said:
Do they or do they not have a point though. Visiontek have come from nowhere to being NVidia's sole USA manufacturing partner and have a great product line - where's the propaganda ?

Yes I do think Visiontek have come along way. Also Epox has greatly impoved.

The only sections that I didn't agree with is the video card of the year and case of the year. I think that nothing that nVidia makes is special because it just nVidia doing their normal thing. Putting out video cards that perform. They haven't really put anything out that differs from their norm. I honestly think that ATI deserves that position. They have come out of no where and are all of a sudden putting out cards that keep up, and in some instances surpass the lead dogs cards. That is one heck of an accomplishment for ATI. Not to mention ATI's decision to finally let OEM's produce their cards giving their customers a better selection and price range.

The case of the year was a weak choice and pretty much showed his bias. It won because he has one and it didnt even bother him to mention that fact. How can that win with the popularity of the Lian Li aluminium cases and the Antec SX1040? He picked it because of its ease of removing things if you're in it alot...Once again please refer to the SX1040. Cases have become a hot product when only 2 years ago a case was just a case.

Back