• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower 1972's BUILD THREAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It sucks that you can't get all your parts at the same time, I'm sure everyone has been in this predicament at one time or another. I know it feels like they're telling you what to do, but they're not, The guys on this forum have years/decades of experience with computers and "know a thing or two about a thing or two" :ROFLMAO: so I'm with everyone else run It by them it can't hurt. :shrug:
I know I wish I had all the money to get all the parts.

I will have a total of 4 SSD'S.
....thought you answered that already.
I am going to get 3 ssds and I have one in my folding rig that is going to come out who knows I might just get 2 2tb ssds.

When you're ready to buy them, let's figure it out at that point. These random blurts and changing parts days/weeks later aren't helping anyone in this thread. :)

I think I am going to buy the ones in my list they are a good value and speeds of 7000 & 6000. And for $78 each that's a good deal. The MB has 1 gen 5 slot but I don't see the idea of spending that much money on one drive.

I think I am going to buy the ones in my list they are a good value and speeds of 7000 & 6000. And for $78 each that's a good deal. The MB has 1 gen 5 slot but I don't see the idea of spending that much money on one drive.
As was said countless times now.......it's good to have an idea of the parts, but deciding and announcing it months before you're going to purchase is premature at best.

Let us know when you're ACTUALLY READY TO BUY A PART and we can throw down the best advice we can for the part at that time.

As was said countless times now.......it's good to have an idea of the parts, but deciding and announcing it months before you're going to purchase is premature at best.

Let us know when you're ACTUALLY READY TO BUY A PART and we can throw down the best advice we can for the part at that time.
Ok point taken.

IMHO, the OS should be the last thing that you buy. I'd buy a key from a site like URCDKEY.com for $20 or less. The only down side to these keys is time. If you buy a key today it won't activate a year from now. However, I've never read about one of these keys being deactivated after the fact.

These keys are weird in general. However, when you get one, you can add it to your MS account, and if it passes the activation, then you can use it later on any PC under your MS account.

If you all go back to the page where I list all the parts THOSE ARE THE PARTS FOR MY NEW SYSTEM SET IN STONE. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT OTHER PARTS BUT NOW I KNOW THAT THESE ARE THE PARTS I AM BUYING. :bang head

If you all go back to the page where I list all the parts THOSE ARE THE PARTS FOR MY NEW SYSTEM SET IN STONE. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT OTHER PARTS BUT NOW I KNOW THAT THESE ARE THE PARTS I AM BUYING. :bang head
I don't believe you, lol. In a week, or maybe days, you'll ask about some part we covered multiple times already again. :p

You're really shooting yourself, who's on a limited budget, in the foot doing it this way. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, as they say. GL on your build... keep us posted on buying the parts.

I don't believe you, lol. In a week, or maybe days, you'll ask about some part we covered multiple times already again. :p

You're really shooting yourself, who's on a limited budget, in the foot doing it this way. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, as they say.
Are you telling me to buy cheaper stuff??? As far as budget goes, I am going to be buying 1 to 2 parts every month cause I am on SSD-D.
Post magically merged:

This is what I am getting 3-1-24.

Last edited:
Are you telling me to buy cheaper stuff??? As far as budget goes, I am going to be buying 1 to 2 parts every month cause I am on SSD-D.
Ok guy, last time from me... you've managed to erode any morsel of patience I have right now. :-/

We've been telling you not to 'set things in stone' that you are purchasing MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD as there could be better parts for the same or less at the time of purchase. We know you're buying 1-2 parts every month because you're on a limited budget.

The high level is you do you. We're here to support you. Stop asking the same questions over and over, especially if this build 'is set in stone'.

GL with your build. I'm out. :)

Yeah yeah.. do you! I only asked because different things may he available at the time and to keep an eye out. Maybe buy the cpu last (you may be able to get 14tg-gen out lf the gate). :)
Some of the prices have gone down $1 here $1 if I see a major jump in a price I am make the right changes.;)

Back