• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flamethrower 1972's BUILD THREAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think in the long run GPU'S will go down and I might be able to get a 480.
They should as NV is coming out with their 'super' cards so that will move the market slightly, indeed. That and you should be able to get a 14th-gen CPU out of the gate. I'd buy the CPU last, personally as not much else will change.

I was thinking along the same line as you on the PSU, but then I thought about his pair of 1080 ti's and assumed they are both in one rig. From a folding with 2 cards perspective I decided to leave the 1kw PSU alone, as he might add one of his 1080 ti's or another 4070 ti down the road. Do you think a Gold 850w can handle a pair of 4070 ti's folding?
Are you saying that a 4070ti has sli?

Are you saying that a 4070ti has sli?
No, pretty sure they aren't able to run SLI. I was talking about F@H with 2 video cards running 2 WU's in one box.

Are your 1080 ti's in SLI? You want to disable that in the NV Control Panel (just uncheck the box) and run two F@H GPU work units at the same time. Much better production. You can re-enable SLI for gaming when you aren't folding.

So am I but is there any setting in system that I can change to increase the gpus?
Post magically merged:

I depends on the price.

Last edited:
You'd need a 3rd physical gpu....

F@H people, aren't the 1080ti's good for around 2M PPD each?

To be clear, your f@h client shows two gpus, right? Post a screenshot. ;)

You should have a folding icon by the clock, lower right. You can right click & open a client control panel. I'm not home, so here's a random screencap example.

fold.png

BTW, I saw the question asked, but never saw the answer - do you have a F@H password?

Yup but are there changes I can make in windows to increase my ppd.
Using a passkey will increase your PPD, which is why we've asked if you're using one. If you aren't using a passkey you're missing out.

Also, in the client control panel make sure the Folding Power slider is set to Full. That's about it these days. There used to be -switches to set on the executable, but those have lost their benefits as the client has been updated.

Back