• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange lag on HD4870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALiEN2953

i will use Day of Defeat for example. when i open a new map my game will play at around 5fps for a couple seconds then jump to 60 but then one i move to an area where i havent been before it will drop down to 5ish again and will do this until i have been everywhere on the map already. it seems like the card does not put anything into the Vram until it has been forced to render it already.

It makes games unplayable. Imagine trying to play GRID and having the FPS shoot down each time i turn a corner. It happens in all my games from Crysis to Stalker to Grid to COD4.

i have tried it on XP, Vista64, server 2008. I've tried using the Cat 8.7hotfix, and 8.8 but nothing works.

If i cant get this issue sorted out im going to have to RMA the card and im not even sure how to properly describe the issue if i RMA it.

thanks in advance for any help

can u help me PLEASE!!!!!

i just upgraded from a (i believe) 9280 ATI 128mp card to a GeForce 6200 256mb card. now im getting your card doesnt support GL_EXT_complied_vertex_arrray, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_tecture_compression. can someone explain in "lamens" terms how i ficx this? i remember on my ATI it was a simple configuration error on my part with the card settings, but i cant figure it out on this nVidia.

try the cat 8.9 betas, best drivers so far. also grid is known to have a problem on the 4870s.

Back