• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram recommendation for Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i like msi for awhile there to and abit before they went out of business also,but in gigabytes defense i was buying middle of the road gigabyte board and they were dieing, since ive went to asus i have only bought there high end boards and haven't had one die on me yet and generally no problem,but it could just be the whole "you get what you pay for" had i been buying top end gigabyte board i might very well still be using them=))

Here is the ram I am running in my GA-890FXA-UD5 board with the 1090T

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231402

And here is the screenshot at 18hrs stable.
5477239607_9e026a093d_o.jpg

Didn't touch the RAM at all. everything seem to running perfect no issues, gonna throw in a second set to bump it up to 16GB in the near future. Thought I would share with you since you have the same board.

Last edited:
OCnewbee I hate you. I've got that same stupid kit. I have RMA'd one 8gb kit already. I dunno what to do! I tested the ram with memtest 86, and found tons of errors with the first kit, and now the 2nd kit. I am wondering WTF is going on with it. I can't even get it to run 7-7-7-21 at all. The first kit could at least run 7-7-7-21, but had random bsod's. I dunno why, but i tested the ram separate this time, and it tests fine under older version of memtest86, but with the new version it has nothing but errors. I am totally lost! to make matters worse, my pc now says boot failed due to overclock, but I dunno why cuz I'm not overclocking anything now. It didn't say that with the first kit either.

For thre record, I ended up going with the G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and after more than a month there hasn't been any issues with the system. :attn:

Back