• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MOTHERBORED 4PIN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep some of the psu's with the 8 pins even come appart into 2 4 pins just for the occasion :)
but if not you should be able to find which 4 pins fit and just let the other 4 hang off the side hope this helps:)

And you can also plug a 4-pin PSU plug into an 8-pin mobo socket and it will work. And you can plug a 20-pin PSU plug into a 24-pin mobo socket and that will also work.

*Not ideal setups if you plan to OC.

What if mobo has 24-pin connector and 4-pin cpu power connector like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard and psu has 20-pin and 4-pin connector should i plug in 20-pin in 24-pin and 4-pin into 4-pin or 20-pin and 4-pin into 24-pin ?

If your board is 24 pin, then you must plug in 20+4 connector to the 24 pin slot. If your power supply is anything like mine, the 8 pin connector comes apart. As I asked above ;) , what power supply do you have?

ill be running phoenom II 555 and single 5770 with 3hdds and three 120mm fans ill need about 300W so 350W supply should work fine even with slight overclock, from what ive beed reading connecting 20-pin to 24-pin and 4-pin to 4 pin should work, im just checking with you guys as well

That psu only has 192w of 12v (16a).
That cpu is close to 100w, the GPU is close to 100w, the hard drives are 10-15 each, the fans are 3-5 each.
That PSU is not large enough.

My supply is old MAXTOP LC-B350ATX 350W ATX with 20-pin and 4-pin mobo connectors http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817101001 , look at the picture i linked above, the mobo has 24-pin and 4-pin connectors, so how do i connect my psu to this mobo?

In my server I'm using an older 550W PSU. It's 20-pin and 4-pin. The mobo is P43 and has 24-pin and 4-pin. I connected the 20-pin to the 24-pin socket, and the 4-pin to 4-pin. It works great (been running fine since Nov '08), but I do have the CPU underclocked and undervolted. However, I'm also running 12 HDDs and 5 fans.

lets say i dont have enough power at peak demand, what the worst that can happen? bsod than if i keep getting bsod ill upgrade psu

lets say i dont have enough power at peak demand, what the worst that can happen? bsod than if i keep getting bsod ill upgrade psu

At worst your house will be in ashes specially if the protection on the psu isn't too great
Another thing is it could shut off randomly or it's going to be horribly inefficient and use alot of power and create more heat than needed you grab up a decent psu online newegg has the corsair 430w for 45 bucks I'd say that was worth spending to save my pc from frying... Or bringing the whole house with it

Sorry for any bad grammar or typos and runon sentences as this one I'm on my phone and am lazy on it lol

Already grabbed corsair 430W two days ago on new egg, because i realized that old psu didnt have six pin connector to run 5770

Already grabbed corsair 430W two days ago on new egg, because i realized that old psu didnt have six pin connector to run 5770

Why didn't you say so in the first place instead of leading us on a goose chase?

i posted my first question before i bought new psu, so i did need your help, thanks guys

Back