• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much should I OC Sapphire HD 6770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flo110

Hello,
I''m new here. I would really like to know how much should I overclock my gpu and my cpu(do i have to post on the cpu forums?)

If anybody can help me here are my specs:
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 (gpu temp is 42 C)
CPU: AMD A4-3300 APU
Motherboard: Something from ECS with AMD fully support.
Cooler: Standart cooler( a small one cpu stays at 23 C on cold days)

I tried to OC but I didn't get ant difference in fps.:confused:
Thx in advance!

Last edited:
Average overclock for that card is ~950 - 1000MHz on the core and ~1230 - 1240MHz on the memory. And since the multiplier can't be used for overclocking the LLano, figure a max. FSB of ~130 - 132MHz or so.

Unless this memory is used:
Memory.jpg

Most sapphires I have worked with (6770) use:

H5GQ1H24AFR

The GDDR5 SGRAM is a high speed dynamic random access memory designed for applications requiring high bandwidth.

GDDR5 devices contain the following number of bits:1Gb has 1,073,741,824 bits and sixteen banks. The GDDR5 SGRAM uses a 8n prefetch architecture and DDR interface to achieve high speed operation.

The device can be configured to operate in x32 mode or x16 (clamshell) mode. The mode is detected during device initialization.

The GDDR5 interface transfers two 32bit wide data words per WCK clock cycle to/from the I/O pins. Corresponding to the 8n prefetch a single write or read access consists of a 256 bit wide, two CKclock cycle data transfer at the internal memory core and eight corresponding 32 bit wide one half WCK clock cycle data transfers at the I/O pins.

The GDDR5 SGRAM operates from a differential clock CK and CK#.

Commands are registered at every rising edge of CK. Addresses are registered at every rising edge of CK and every rising edge of CK#. GDDR5 replaces the pulsed strobes (WDQS & RDQS) used in previous DRAMs such as GDDR4 with a free running differential forwarded clock (WCK/WCK#) with both input and output data registered and driven respectively at both edges of the forwarded WCK. Read and write accesses to the GDDR5 SGRAM are burst oriented; an access starts at a selected location and consists of a total of eight data words. Accesses begin with the registration of an ACTIVE command, which is then followed by a READ or WRITE command. The address bits registered coincident with the ACTIVE command and the next rising CK# edge are used to select the bank and the row to be accessed. The address bits registered coincident with the READ or WRITE command and the next rising CK# edge are used to select the bank and the column location for the burst access.

Features

Single ended interface for data, address and command
Quarter data rate differential clock inputs CK/CK# for ADR/CMD
Two half data rate differential clock inputs WCK/WCK#, each associated with two data bytes (DQ,DBI#,EDC)
Double Data Rate (DDR) data (WCK)
Single Data Rate (SDR) command (CK)
Double Data Rate (DDR )addressing (CK)
16 internal banks
4 bank groups for tCCDL=3tCK
8n prefetch architecture: 256 bit per array read or write access
Burst length: 8 only
Programmable CAS latency: 5to20tCK
Programmable WRITE latency:1to7tCK
WRITE Data mask function via address bus (single/doublebytemask)
Data bus inversion (DBI)&address bus inversion(ABI)
Input/output PLL on/off mode
Address training: address input monitoring by DQpins
WCK2CKclocktrainingwithphaseinformationbyEDCpins
Data read and write training via READ FIFO
READ FIFO pattern preload by LDFF command
Direct write data load to READ FIFO by WRTR command
Consecutive read of READ FIFO by RDTR command
Read/Write data transmission integrity secured by cyclic redundancy check (CRC8)
READ/WRITE EDC on/offmode
Programmable EDC hold pattern for CDR
Programmable CRC READ latency= 0 to 3t CK
Programmable CRC WRITE latency=7 to 14t CK
Low Power modes
RDQS mode on EDC pin
Optional on chip temperature sensor with readout
Auto & self refresh modes
Auto precharge option for each burst access
32ms, auto refresh (8k cycles)
Temperature sensor controlled self refresh rate
On die termination (ODT); nominal values of 60 ohm and 120 ohm
Pseudo open drain (POD15) compatible outputs (40 ohm pull down, 60 ohm pull up)
ODT and output drive strength auto calibration with external resistor ZQ pin (120ohm)
Programmable termination and driver strength offsets
Selectable external or internal VREF for data inputs; programmable offsets for internal VREF
Separate external VREF for address/command inputs
Vendor ID, FIFO depth and Density info fields for identification
x32/x16modeconfigurationsetatpowerupwithEDCpin
Mirror function with MF pin
Boundary scan function with SEN pin
1.6V/1.5V+/(3%xVDD)V supply for device operation (VDD)
1.6V/1.5V+/(3%xVDDQ)V supply for I/O interface (VDDQ)

This memory is rated like so:
Memory-1.jpg

So the memory is generally rated at 1250 and 1320-1450 is a good OC range. If you can up the V to 1.6 you may be able to get a bit more out of it or you could brick the card.

msi-AB.png

Last edited:
Back