• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i RMA'd my M5A99FX mobo, was going to get that giga-byte one to replace it, but the company just flashed the latest BIOS update to it and sent the board back to me, seem's the USB flashback on these boards is fault, u just need an older model AM3 CPU to boot it up, so u can flash the latest BIOS update then ur newer CPU will work right away, useing it right now with my FX-6300 CPU without a problem, so it does work, u just need the BIOS updated is all!!! so eather buy an older model CPU so u can flash the newest BIOS or send it back to the company u brought it from and tell them to just flash the latest BIOS onto it useing an older model CPU, i'd even advise them to flash the BIOS's of any other mobo's theyhave in stock as that would help them aviod this problem in the future

M5A99FX mobo << You almost certainly had to have bought that from a store that does not turn over the stock very often, since those boards have shipped with FX bioses for at least a year.
RGone...

I got mine going now too, put an 8120 fx in booted up flashed bios then put 8350 back in no problem. incidently i found my direct flbk setting in bios was set to disabled the real problem why i couldnt flash mine. the manual says its default is enabled yet mine was off. by the way i ran into another person with the red cpu light only issue. was helping him, his problem was he did not connect the epu power cable. he glanced at manual it has a diagrahm showing the eatx molex connector saying this this or this. he saw that and assumed the board and epu powered from the one plug if you used 20 pin molex or from two 6 pins one on eatx one on epu connector. i looked at manual the way its drawln out it is misleading if you dont read it carefully. so if you see any one else might ask if they have both connected lol

Back