• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's one of the few keepers from a recent trip down to Whiteswan Lake Provincial Park, South of Radium Hot Springs, B.C.
I was really happy with the way it turned out.
23972829213_fc340688d8_b.jpg

One more from the front. I personally like the angle from the corner of the house better.

DSC_7954.jpg

Here's one of my faves from last year; taken on the way back from x-mas holidays in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan just a bit East of Drumheller, Alberta.
Additional gear was a LEE 0.9 Soft Gradient Neutral Density filter to help balance the sky with what was below the horizon and take advantage of all those amazing colors!!!
My camera, lens and filter, but the wife clicked the shutter release on this one, so she gets the credit.
24077162732_fe661b8f3f_b.jpg

It's quite a mess up here! Power lines on the road, no power and our generator doesn't seem to pit out enough amps anymore..

Sorry if the pic is rotated, in mobile right now

Attachments

• 1458912232024.jpg
    1458912232024.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 136
Reminds me of the horrific images of the Chernobyl disaster, when everyone had to leave everything asap.

Chalk and chalky bird crap haha. Makes you think what it was like in that class on the last day. They didn't clean up, but just walked away.

Shot Sunday. First Hudson I've ever seen in person. It's 30 minutes away from my house, too.

DSC_8150.jpg

Shot Sunday. First Hudson I've ever seen in person. It's 30 minutes away from my house, too.
Love it!

Here's one from our GlobalFest fireworks show here in Calgary this past year. It's a composite of 3 or 4 different detonation sequences, created by holding a black card in front of the lens between each. Total exposure time - 8.3 sec.
20891694215_5b226203ce_b.jpg

Love the last house Ok Wolf, and the lights picture is really cool baditude! I'm envious!

I've been busy and haven't touched my camera in over a month... But I got something that helped me pick it back up!
DSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg

Straight from my camera taken before I went to work.

Some great photography going on in this thread, and new faces too! I've been quiet, but follow along and "Thank" you guys (basically a "Like" in this thread :) ).

After way too long I actually had the camera out & about rather than family functions where shots are only important to those in them. That changed this past week when we made our way into Washington, DC & Alexandria. I probably processed too many, but felt these were decent enough to upload. Our day in DC was cold and cloudy, but I did the best I could. I'll post just a few at a time so there isn't a wall of photos in the thread.

First, a couple of birds - a starling & a sparrow. I only had the 18-135 with me in the city, so it was nice of these guys to get very close.

26082594222_da308e2404_b.jpg Starling on the Mall by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

25570297354_0d9fb3d51e_b.jpg Sparrow in Alexandria by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Found in an abandoned school. Laurie's hair. Don't you pull it.

There are so many great images posted to this thread that I find it harder and harder to post any of my own. I know it's not a competition and that any image I'm proud of would be more than welcome here, but still...

The point I'm wandering toward is that I really enjoy them but this one keeps drawing be back. I guess it's the story behind it.

Thanks!

haven't had the dslr out for a while, but got a new toy on the weekend so it gave me an excuse to dig it out.
just a cpl of quickies,far from perfect.
need a better back drop, will have to take the camera for a ride :p

2007 R1 Left.jpg

2007 R1 Right.jpg

Back