• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Today we'll look at some super awesome aircraft! These reside at the Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air & Space Museum at Dulles International Airport

Space Shuttle Discovery

26108712271_1c40ff380b_b.jpg Space Shuttle Discovery by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

25902203650_1364bd091a_b.jpg Space Shuttle Discovery Nose by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

26175064875_18bc42e8b0_b.jpg Discovery Main Engines by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

SR-71 Blackbird - The fastest (conventional) jet ever flown.

25572416313_ef7dd17d12_b.jpg SR-71 Blackbird by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

25902203720_21ca44a05c_b.jpg SR-71 Blackbird Nose by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

I loved my vacation in DC visiting the Monuments, Smithsonian and the Air & Space Museum was a favorite. But when I went the shuttles and Blackbird were still in service. lol

Nice shots! I really like the Blackbird Nose!

Just bought a Canon SX520HS(bridge camera) refurbished for $90 direct from Canon store. I'm a complete newb to photography, been reading a bit and been shooting primarily in AV until I get a better understanding of everything. Snapped this the other night playing around with it, slight editing in lightroom to lower exposure and sharpen.

IMG_0074-1-2_zpsdt3chokk.jpg

awesome looking shot ST

snapped this shot a while ago, it was a cracker electrical storm that went on for a cpl of hrs, but in between the rain storms and trying to not get hit by lightning i only managed 2 shots that came out ok.
this was the better one :

Lightning2.jpg

Fantastic photos you guys! Some really interesting stuff here!

Here's on that just got Explored on Flickr.
It's Sutherland Falls, just south of Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada.
25660824144_5aca0a271d_b.jpg

Fortunately, me frantically installing my spare tire didn't stop me from catching this sunset yesterday.

DSC_8666.jpg

Wow, those last three from baditude, OW (x2!) and KharmaKazi are stunning! Great work guys.

This is my last one from our trip to our nation's capital, and it's by far my favorite. It made it to "popular" on 500px in minutes, somewhat affirming my affinity for it.

26149101596_07b5264e21_b.jpg Metro in Motion by Jeremy Vaughan, on Flickr

Thanks for looking at my long, hopefully at least somewhat entertaining set!

Just in case that last shot didn't do it for you, this was taken 20 minutes later. Had I taken 21 minutes to get there, all the pinks would have been gone from the foreground clouds. You pretty well have to be there and ready with the exact conditions required for a sunset like this, or it just doesn't happen.

I should have gotten Lightroom sooner. Trying to get these results out of Adobe RAW and my older Photoshop now feels like trying to post process things by throwing bricks at the monitor.

DSC_8680.jpg

Just in case that last shot didn't do it for you, this was taken 20 minutes later. Had I taken 21 minutes to get there, all the pinks would have been gone from the foreground clouds. You pretty well have to be there and ready with the exact conditions required for a sunset like this, or it just doesn't happen.

I should have gotten Lightroom sooner. Trying to get these results out of Adobe RAW and my older Photoshop now feels like trying to post process things by throwing bricks at the monitor.

Nice! Great colors and reflections!

great shots guys, some very talented people on this forum so i'm seeing and reading

P.S. id'e never heard of 500px.com before Hokie, just had a quick look and some stunning shots there. will look into it better later, thanks for the info :thup:

Back