• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phantom 410 Res problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimenGH

Registered
So, i want to make myself a custom watercooling loop, only problem is, i dont want a 5.25¨ bay res with pump on it, cause it just looks so god damn ugly from the where i can see the pump. (not the door, other side, seen through plexi glass)

Im wanna go for this res:
http://www.aquatuning.no/vannkjling...phacool-lighttower-all-in-one-reservoir-black

Only problem is i dont know where to fit it, its 16,5cm high. Would anybody see a solution to this? Please draw quickly in paint or just explain it easy.

Thanks in advance.:thup:

What case are you using?

A simple google search of your case + water cooling under images should gave you your case with a assortment of reservoir placements examples.

Give us a list of your rig and water cooling components. Depending on how much room you have you could go with a micro res and DDC pump (mcp35x).

Create a blue print and draw out your rig. Make measurements and that should give you an idea how much room you have to work with along with the dimensions of the res/pump combo.

Just gonna go with the alphacool repack single bay in half size, and a phobya dc12-260 i guess, easy and it wont show that much atleast. :)

Btw, when i have u here. How could i possibly mount my HDD if i removed both hdd cages in my case? Like screw it to something would work?

Cause then we can talk watercooling with the space.... ;)

This is my stuff i think of using btw

I am not familiar with this case but it does seem a bit tight. I would see if there is room anywhere on the back side possibly and velcro it there with your cable management.

You should take your time on this and find the best routing and positioning for your loop. How many bays are you occupying and how many will you have free? The reason why I ask this is because bay reservoir pump combos are usually best used for small to mid size cases since there's not much room in general in the case. There are some bay reservoirs that will look really nice with this case.

Let us know which direction you want to go with this. Also, are you from the states or overseas? It will give us a general knowledge roughly what products you have access too and what is your budget for this loop and have you bought anything yet. What will the rig components consist of, etc.

I will not mount anything on the back... :/

I think the bay res/pump is the best solution here, and also, i will be occupying a half 5.25¨bay with that res, so i can fit the pump in behind it not having that somewhere else. I would love to have a res/pump combo for 1 or 2 bay slots, but they are too expensive.. :(

Going for about 320$ in budget, and im from Norway, Europe, so not many sites too choose from without paying 1000 euros in custom charges.

As said, res/pump combo is ideal for me, but very expensive on a 320$ budget.

If this is for a CPU only loop, take a look at XSPC D5 Kits. They are dual bay reservoirs for around $220-$230 around here. You should have access to them in europe. If not that kit, try and look for the Swiftech H220x.

I am going 280 rad mate. Thanks anyways though!

As i see it now, my choice is res which takes 1 5.25' bay only halfway in, and put the pump on the back of it.

I am going 280 rad mate. Thanks anyways though!

As i see it now, my choice is res which takes 1 5.25' bay only halfway in, and put the pump on the back of it.

You'ld be surprised on how long/deep it is with a pump attached to it... see the video here: http://www.aquatuning.de/water-cool...acool-repack-laing-ddc-5-25-bay-station?c=538

As for 280 rad... You do realise that the only halfway decent 140mm fans for radiators are Swiftech Helix? (unless you want to go for a SanAce)

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish as your case is small to begin with, and 2, you're on a very limited budget.

Your best bet for a cpu only cooling loop for your restricted budget and having it fit in your case is the swiftech H220-X

http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx#tab1

If you want a res, as you stated, the only viable option is the 5.25 bay area, and you will lose 1 whole bay and possibly 1/2 of the 2nd.

You don't want to mount a res in the back of your case. Understandable, but you have 2 things against you already: 1) Space and 2) Funds.

Not really much else we can offer to help you out, unless you get a larger case first, then save enough funds for the res/pump you want that will accomodate your needs.

I have 3 5.25' bays to work with so i will be going for a bay res/pump combo.

Going for either the swiftech h220 or alphacool repack single bayres with a Laing DDC-pump 12V DDC-1T

If you're working with a tight space requirement, why not use a T-line instead, with a fill port on the top of the case. They're cheap and effective, just please don't get one with any aluminum in it, and you'll be set.

Diggr, it's my first time watercooling, dont wan't anything like that.

BUT! I ordered my pump/res combo from EK today actually, i finnaly decided to go with the EK DCP 2.2 X-RES. With some double sided tape it should do its job fine over my hdd cage, or maybe ill just dremel that out, than mount it on the bottom of the case, since i only run 1 hdd in this case its not a problem mounting that somewhere else anyways.

Bought pump/res and compression fittings today, can't wait to buy my rad and cpu block + tubing and get started :D

And last, do you guys think i should do a build log, since not many 410 watercooling loop logs are out there? Just curious :p

Back