• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling maintenace... 2 years later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inteloveramd

2 years ago, I assembled my first water cooled computer.

I am perfectly able to admit I have taken little care of it. Gunk from the premix has gathered, and I have lost a bit of confidence in my pump.

Surprising, though, none of my components are overheating, with CPU idle temp around 30-35 celcius.

How shall I clean out the tubes, if not replace them and the liquid completely?

Thanks

Drain down the loop,

Purchase new O-Ring kits for all your blocks, disassemble blocks and clean with vinegar and a tooth brush, Discoloration is not big deal, just make sure all the fins and water paths are cleaned out of any build up

if flexible tubing was used replace al of it.

reassemble, fill and test

Drain down the loop,

Purchase new O-Ring kits for all your blocks, disassemble blocks and clean with vinegar and a tooth brush, Discoloration is not big deal, just make sure all the fins and water paths are cleaned out of any build up

if flexible tubing was used replace al of it.

reassemble, fill and test

+1 This. :thup: Clean everything including rads, pumps, blocks, fittings etc.

I would replace the tubing with PrimoChill Advanced LRT and the use of distilled water not only to clean with but to use in your loop after with a silver killcoil.

Back