• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phenom II x4 965 to fx-8370 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was probably a couple of things ..... this is the first 8370 on the forums it might of been that your VCore was a bit low for your OC, might of been your ram. We know that Kingston ram does not play nice with AMD at least not the FX Series the bump on the CPU/NB may have helped. Johan can help allot with your ram. To get the most out of your system you might want to consider some nice GSkill but for now wait to see what happens. Post back I am sure we can help you getting more out of your system.

Ok did that all, did run prime for 40min and then played planetside2 for hours....im afraid to say it, but it does work :) Only now to get it, what was the problem?! Wrong timings for ram or not enough voltage for nb core? And then again, why phenom did work no problem on same setup but this fx-8370 had....

Anyways, thank you for so much help and patience with me, i really enjoy asking for help (not local forums) as all there are way too smart(they think so) to ansver simple man. So always end up being a object of an laught...even with question like this. Ill test more on weekend, when ill get back home from work, and will make signature too :)

For some reason we have seen that Kingston and some other ram sets just haven't worked well on the FX series. Don't know if it's the Bios or the CPU itself that doesn't seem to like it. In most cases the only "real" fix has been adding more CPU_NB voltage. This seems to get things working in most cases. Some of the sites I frequent people are running in excess of 1.3v on a regular basis with no ill effects. The NB Core is your cache and IMC(memory controller) on the CPU and for whatever reason some brands need more help there than others.

From Gigabyte:

To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section.

Back