• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing with the FX-8370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
added 4 more fans today. 3 120mm fans on top pointing down. 1 is the the backside of the board, where the power supply is there was just enough room to have an 80mm pointing towards the side hoping it helps the flow back there. its already on the bottom so hopefully it pushes air up.

The fan's in the top typically evacuate air. Air in from the front/bottom and out through the back/top

just added a new corsair H100i v2 liquid cooler :) now i just need some help squeezing more power out of the CPU

- - - Updated - - -

I will warn you before you go any further ..... Overclocking can become addictive. :) ( As Has Been FOUND In The State Of California :) )
You will spend TIME and MONEY in the ...... NEVER Ending Pursuit for faster speeds ......

You HAVE So Been WARNED :popcorn:

The MAX you are going to get with your FX-8370:
5.2GHz - 5.4GHz with a AIO (All In One Water Cooler)
5.4GHz - 5.8GHz with a Custom Loop (Custom Water Cooling Loop - May also contain water blocks on the Ram, Chip Set, and Video Cards)
5.8+Ghz With DICE & LN2

need some help, friend ;)

The MAX you are going to get with your FX-8370:
5.2GHz - 5.4GHz with a AIO (All In One Water Cooler)
5.4GHz - 5.8GHz with a Custom Loop (Custom Water Cooling Loop - May also contain water blocks on the Ram, Chip Set, and Video Cards)
5.8+Ghz With DICE & LN2

^^^ Wish list.

All of the newer 8xxx processors all clock the same.
4.8 is all you will see 24/7 on ambient temp cooling solutions.
You may be able to bench 5.0 on short benches.
Anything faster than that will need sub ambient temp help.

Hit f12 while in the bios to save it to a usb stick as a picture....;)

What kind of freezing? No bsod.. just froze? Why is vcore on auto when overclocking? Have you read the bulldozer overclocking sticky (my sig and in amd section(?

What kind of freezing? No bsod.. just froze? Why is vcore on auto when overclocking? Have you read the bulldozer overclocking sticky (my sig and in amd section(?

Old school-Nintendo-style-crash in a game=Likely not enough Vcore.

0x0000000A=Need more Vcore, or too high of core frequency for your silicon.

0x00000124=Is a hard one, because you need to check the event log for the given reason of a machine check exception. If it moans about the cache, try a Vcore increase.

Moans about one or more errors being "correctable" ->I would try a Vcore increase.

Last edited:

Unresponsive freezing. Have to hit the rest button. Is the vcore high? I don't wanna fry anything which is why it's on auto. I have looked at your thread before. Should I drop vcore?

Old school-Nintendo-style-crash in a game=Likely not enough Vcore.

0x0000000A=Need more Vcore, or too high of core frequency for your silicon.

0x00000124=Is a hard one, because you need to check the event log for the given reason of a machine check exception. If it moans about the cache, try a Vcore increase.

Moans about one or more errors being "correctable" ->I would try a Vcore increase.
I'm confused. It it too high or too low?

I'm confused. It it too high or too low?
When overclocking using Auto, the voltage is more often than not way too high for the clockspeed. It does it this way in favor of system stability.

The goal with any overclock is to use the least amount of voltage needed to be stable (for YOUR uses which we discussed at length in a different thread).

I'm not and AMD guy man.. sorry. Have you checked out the guide yet? It should tell you what will need adjusted. :)

went to stress test with prime 95 and it froze on me 2 times in a row. restarted after the 1st time. waited and started blend test. crashes on start.

i reset everything in bios, started test, no problem.

Back