• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never know that could improve as the BIOS matures, that is if anyone works on improvements

Just pre-ordered a 1700 from Amazon UK. Realised it is the most expensive CPU I've ever bought (the 6700k's were slightly cheaper at the time of purchase).

Look what I dug iup on Gigas site QVL for X370 Gaming 5 2x8 DDR4 3200 at the top

View attachment 188409

what I don't like there is that they were testing 64/128GB kits only using 2 memory slots what means they have problems to stabilize all 4 slots or IMC just can't handle more ... knowing gigabyte they have problems with bios

Woomack, gigabyte can do memory training during initialization!? I don't believe!

I think that all new OC series mobos can but I had no chance to play with any newer GB. My last one was Z97 and it spent more time in RMA than while benching :p I just don't trust GB anymore and I'm not planning to buy their motherboards anytime soon.

Maybe I can see it when I get home. Somethings just won't work from here. Did they say that was max or was that just how high they went?
If true that just like broadwell. No fun for cold benchers

It is what they maxed for from what I understood considering they called it a new world record for ryzen

AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X-Cinebench-R15-World-Record_1-1140x1073.png

So quarter step multipliers and 100MHz buss?

5.1ghz... 1.8V... LN2??? :(

I hope that is the dud of duds for extreme overclocking...

I can't fathom 4ghz boost and 5ghz max clocks.

Nope.

That said, 6950x isn't that much higher really..5.1-5.5 for multi threaded bench8ng.

6900k is closer to 5ghz...but it starts at 3.2.

I was hoping for better scaling... 5.5ghz+...

Nope.

That said, 6950x isn't that much higher really..5.1-5.5 for multi threaded bench8ng.

6900k is closer to 5ghz...but it starts at 3.2.

I was hoping for better scaling... 5.5ghz+...
I'm more curious where the 4/6C versions get up to. Doesn't have to be crazy high, but somewhere around the mid-4s on water is what I'm hoping is possible.

5.1ghz... 1.8V... LN2??? :(

I hope that is the dud of duds for extreme overclocking...

I can't fathom 4ghz boost and 5ghz max clocks.

Yeah that is horrible.

Buying the cheaper 1500/1700 processors (lower clocked) for sure and manually overclocking myself, hopefully on a B350 mainboard if it can handle it.

Might even wait till further revisions ie zen+ let everyone else play around with them first!

So with the 1700 at the same price as a 4c/8t CPU from Intel what do you guys think their 4c/8t CPU will be priced as if there is one?

So with the 1700 at the same price as a 4c/8t CPU from Intel what do you guys think their 4c/8t CPU will be priced as if there is one?

I would guess from the pricing trend a bit less then a 7600k same as the 4/4 my guess would be a bit less than i3

Back