• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Curious has there been any overclocking results with the new Ryzen CPU yet. These are beasts of a chip for the price. Happy AMD came through and happy they exceeded their goal of 40% increase in IPC to 52% which puts them very competitive/beating Intel.

Another CPU race here we come?

How can Fudzilla "agree"? It is information directly from AMD...

I'll go buy Reynolds stock now.

Also, Fudzilla, really?

They've been right about Ryzen so far, same as WCCFTech, and the other sites agree why can't they. Who knows, maybe they wanna go legit ;)

Last edited:
Similar information from Anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11143...or-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

• Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T, 3.6 GHz base, 4.0 GHz turbo, 95W, $499
  • Ryzen 7 1700X: 8C/16T, 3.4 GHz base, 3.8 GHz turbo, 95W, $399
  • Ryzen 7 1700: 8C/16T, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz turbo, $329

No mention of single threaded performance. Most articles I've read quote cinebench scores, which AFAIK depends on the number of cores. I hope AMD hits it out of the park, but I am going to wait and watch first.

Similar information from Anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11143...or-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

• Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T, 3.6 GHz base, 4.0 GHz turbo, 95W, $499
  • Ryzen 7 1700X: 8C/16T, 3.4 GHz base, 3.8 GHz turbo, 95W, $399
  • Ryzen 7 1700: 8C/16T, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz turbo, $329

No mention of single threaded performance. Most articles I've read quote cinebench scores, which AFAIK depends on the number of cores. I hope AMD hits it out of the park, but I am going to wait and watch first.

Ask and you shall be served:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyl...ance-leak-intel-will-be-worried/#4b70933769ce

There's 1T scores showing the 1800X at parity with 6900X at whatever clocks they're at...

Tons of information hit last night,

I am actually kind of excited about this now, however the max of 5.1 under LN2 was a bit of a let down for me I was hoping they could push a lot more. The cinebench scores are nothing short of outstanding (1612 for the 1800x walks all over my 6850K even with an OC). I am sure the XFR thing is a proof of concept for the time being that AMD will extend upon at a later date.

I am no waiting patiently for actual release and possibly a MATX board that doesn't suck would be great.

Although I am a little nervous that the only benchmarks AMD seemed to be pushing followed the more cores more better mentality so I guess hype with a truckload of salt for now. In for the real benchmarks.

Sooooo are the 4cores gonna be launched too? Aka Ryzen 3/5 article only talks about Ryzen 7 if I read that right.

E-Peen wars at launch, they will get to them eventually :p

So, I hate even asking this question but, has anyone read when the Zen 5 gets released? I'm sitting between the 1700 and the 1600x right now. If they are going to release within a week maybe two I might wait. If it's going to be a whole month or two I might just pony up the little extra cash and get the 1700.

I should be able to drop some release date testing with the 1800x if they have a board I like, but if they don't that **** will wait.

Tons of information hit last night,

I am actually kind of excited about this now, however the max of 5.1 under LN2 was a bit of a let down for me I was hoping they could push a lot more. The cinebench scores are nothing short of outstanding (1612 for the 1800x walks all over my 6850K even with an OC). I am sure the XFR thing is a proof of concept for the time being that AMD will extend upon at a later date.

I am no waiting patiently for actual release and possibly a MATX board that doesn't suck would be great.

Although I am a little nervous that the only benchmarks AMD seemed to be pushing followed the more cores more better mentality so I guess hype with a truckload of salt for now. In for the real benchmarks.

Just wondering where that 5.1 under LN2 number came from?
If it was the first vid you posted it says unavailable for me

Need to press F5 more often...

Some of you were asking abut the Tock Tock Tock strategy that AMD is going with over Intels. So quick insight: GlobalFoundries (the silicon provider for AMD CPUs) will have a 7nm FET design that will be better than Intel's and is slated to be ready for mass production in 2020. They are skipping 10nm altogether. Zen+, whatever that may be, is aligned to that release. A refresh would only be cut in if A) AMD gets an insane profit increase and B) A need to remove issues with a silicon re-spin. Upreved Zen's should last 2 yrs easily for current PC market. Their FX series proved that.

Back