• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do manufacturers usually hold back reviews until the parts are available to the public? I would have thought a few days of good reviews right before release would be a good thing for sales. Unless there are some things in those reviews that won't help at all. I don't have a rumor, but will speculation do?

I'd say the last 3-4 gens of Intel have all been NDA until release day.

That is correct, Johan. We had AMD years ago as well.

Sent from my GSkill keyboard using My Fingers

Man, we sure are seeing a lot of these mobile posts with sigs, LOL!

I was referring to their previous actions. I didn't see anything this time at all. Sending a couple emails out doesn't really sound all that nefarious. The compiler deal was over 10 years ago, but it was some dirty stuff. It amounted to flat out lying to the public by rigging the game.Bad stuff.

That's the thing there was nothing in the article about the content of the emails at all. It could of simply been 'hello from intel we are having a sale on our current processor lines and can offer additional discount to businesses buying bulk etc'

The 6700k is about $60 less than I paid a few months ago, but I didn't walk to a Microcenter. I have to admit $259 doesn't look bad, until Thursday, anyway. LOL

Never gonna happen.
Intel has 100 times the R&D money that AMD does.
It will never get any better, because you can't divert income that you're not getting back into R&D. Unless AMD gets some backing cash from another party, they'll stay in a slow death spiral.
How did they do it Captain? ;)

Back