• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build me a gaming PC that will last... im so outdated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Agreed, the cheapest 1TB drive your gonna find will be in the ~$50 range, but another $20 for a really good drive and a free game is a no brainer.

Well guess what guys... My computer is now experiencing BOOT LOOPS... thanks to this gigabyte board that i didnt want to purchase because of the same reviews... Thankfully i figured out the issue... Now do you guys understand why i go off reviews ? ? After less then a week of having this system.. I rebooted my computer and it got stuck in a endless bootloop.. Bios would load up fine.. I tried switching bios's.. I disconnected every peripheral, all my HDDS cept 1, i switched everything.. I did endless google searches and i couldnt find anything to fix it.. Reset the cmos unplugged the battery...

I was about to pull my pistol out and shoot the motherboard.. I tried changing settings in the bios and i figured out a fix.. The board boots if i change the PCI-E from GEN 3 to Gen 2... I looked on google and others have fixed this going to Gen 2 or 1 as well.. But to me that is unacceptable isnt this board GEN3 and the video card is GEN3.. Why would i accept a downgrade in performance like this...

Im seriously considering RMAing the board and getting a different brand.... But instead of doing that ima save up some cash first and buy a new board then RMA this one so im noit out of a computer for 1-2 weeks..

Anyway Just wanted to tell you guys.. TOLD YA SO

There is no "told you so".

The crux of this is both your argument and your counter argument. It IS your money. You chose to get the basement barrel crap run gigabyte. I specifically told you to spend the 20$ and get the better gigabyte board. (You know, the one microcenter carries AND has great reviews?).

Take your crap elsewhere, its still your responsibility for your purchases.

So, anyway, I just wanted to you TOLD YA SO.

As for that specific board, I wouldn't have purchased it either.

Then you magically "bought it"???

There were other choices that would have been fine from gigabyte though. Z97x gaming 7 board looks great for example. FWIW, I was looking at getting a 4790k myself, and the gaming 5 was my choice as well. Feature set and cost, as well as having a cool color scheme :). Reviews were favorable on it.

Did you totally disregard this comment?

edit: you also seem to be grouping all the gigabyte boards together, why are you doing that? A gaming 7 is an entirely different echelon of product

Again, you totally disregarded this comment? You expected top tier performance on your below budget choice? No one told you to get the P.O.S. board you got, they simply recommend "gigabyte" (as in one that's worth while).

RMA your board. It sucks but it happens. Don't care how much "Experience" or "how long you've been here despite you dont remember your account details". It happens. Deal with it.

So, what board did you end up buying in the first place Cnay? The G1 Sniper you linked to? I'm a bit confused as I don't see it mentioned yet.

There is no "told you so".

The crux of this is both your argument and your counter argument. It IS your money. You chose to get the basement barrel crap run gigabyte. I specifically told you to spend the 20$ and get the better gigabyte board. (You know, the one microcenter carries AND has great reviews?).

Take your crap elsewhere, its still your responsibility for your purchases.

So, anyway, I just wanted to you TOLD YA SO.

Then you magically "bought it"???

Did you totally disregard this comment?

Again, you totally disregarded this comment? You expected top tier performance on your below budget choice? No one told you to get the P.O.S. board you got, they simply recommend "gigabyte" (as in one that's worth while).

RMA your board. It sucks but it happens. Don't care how much "Experience" or "how long you've been here despite you dont remember your account details". It happens. Deal with it.

You can hang at my end of the bar Bob. ;)

So, what board did you end up buying in the first place Cnay? The G1 Sniper you linked to? I'm a bit confused as I don't see it mentioned yet.

Yes I bought the gigabyte board and decided not to listen to my GUT on the reviews I was reading on this board.. Even gigabytes forums have ppl complaining about the boot loops.

However I managed to find out the problem, I updated my bios to R7 and that made it worse after that I couldn't even boot with GEN 2 or 1.. but messing with settings in the bios and I disabled the cpu's built in gpu and that fixed it. It runs with the GEN3 now, seems the cpu's gpu was conflicting somehow with the dedicated graphics.

I posted it on the gigabyte forums and other people are now able to boot their computers... Im surprised no one was able to find that fix.. Took me 1 day but many hours and much frustration. I also posted this on the MSI forums as some of the MSI boards I noticed had these issues too, and a few people have posted back with being able to finally get past the boot loop

Last edited by a moderator:
Cnaydmancangt, I edited your post to meet our PG-rated rules. If you want to continue to talk like that, please log out of your account and don't return.

If you want to stick around, try not being as confrontational.

Back