• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY BATTLESTATION DESK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kohit7

Registered
Just finished building my new desk

20150625_131355.jpg 20150625_165103.jpg 20150625_192043.jpg 20150626_192523.jpg

Took me 4 entire days to build it. I didn't know what topic to put this in since it's diy or battlestation related. Maybe we need a battlestation topic or an admin could move this to an existing topic. Anyways, let me know what you guys think about it. it's super heavy duty with 2.5"x2.5"x3/16" structural steel square tubing with a 1.5" solid butcher block top and casters that can hold up 1000 pounds collectively.

That's a nice looking desk man :drool:

I love the looks, it's industrial, but fits in nicely with everything else.
Did you paint the steel tubing at all? I'd go black plaint and then clear coat the butcher block :)

As a "battlestation" I would definitely rust up the steel (dents even) clearcoating that, and probably do a light rust stain on the block too leaving it raw. Also a dedicated pc lower shelf and for gods sake spread the speakers out. Is that a preamp or what?
What is the block size and exactly how high is it? I love the solidness to it for sure.

And here I am having to make due with Elfa wall hanging crap from The Container Store..................I need a band and tablesaw darnit.

<.< Woodshop and PC tech, were the two classes in highschool worth staying awake for.

- - - Updated - - -

O.O rack mount amp? pre-amp?

I should make a Battle-Rack. Gods know there are plenty of cold war era surplus around town.

Good eyes guys. The rack mount item is a pre-amp, a line 6 POD HD Pro. I still have it but I upgraded to an axe-fx standard now. I have a board that I set my pc on that's made from the butcher block on the top.

Back