• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade incoming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sdyankov90

Registered
Hi,
i'm thinking of upgrading my pc (mostly used for gaming) from the following setup:

CPU: Intel I3-530 2.93 GHz (OC at 4.18)
Cooler: 212 evo
MB: Gigabyte H55M – s2h
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB OC
RAM: 2x2GB ADATA DDR3
PSU: CM GX – 550W
CASE: CM Elite 430 Black
HDD: 60GB ssd + 1 tb black

to:

CPU: Intel I5 4690K
Cooler: 212 evo
MB: Asrock z97x FK
GPU: Sapphire r9 290x 4gb
RAM: Kingston beast 2x4 @ 2400
PSU: CM GX - 550 W
CASE + HDD remain the same as well

Any thoughts and reccomendations on that? Will the PSU be sufficient to run all those @ stock values for now?
Do you think that I can upgrade only the card (since i sold the 760, gave me headaches) and keep the rest of the machine up for a little while longer?
I dont play any heavy games at the moment.

Thx in advance! :)

That i3 is a dual core. While most games would be ok, some you won't be able to play on it or you will nkt get as good fps. I'd look at a gtx 970 for 1p80 personally.

That i3 is a dual core. While most games would be ok, some you won't be able to play on it or you will nkt get as good fps. I'd look at a gtx 970 for 1p80 personally.

Thx for the info. However wouldnt the 290x be coped with the other parts, when time comes?
Another option is to get some card with the money i got from the 760 (again 760 or the likes of a 280 270x) and to upgrade all together next year or dunno... confused.

Coped? I guess you mean held back/glass ceiling? In some cases, yes.

New cpu from intel js supposed to be here within a week... so wait until then.

Coped? I guess you mean held back/glass ceiling? In some cases, yes.

New cpu from intel js supposed to be here within a week... so wait until then.

Ok, ill wait a week with everything and come back to ask then : )

Thx

Back