• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5p / 5930k - Bios OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it even happens when you hit shut down, after it shuts down it just restarts by its self
same thing for hibernation

so its a mobo/bios related problem

That I have not seen at all.

Guys I'm still messing with my overclocks. I'm testing the following setup and AIDA64 fails after about 45 minutes:

4.7 @ 100bclk 1.3v, uncore locked at 3ghz, .25 SA voltage, 1.9 vrin, 1.10 vring. Memory is running at 3200 w 16-16-16-36 2T @ 1.4v. Side note, my memory seems to like 3200 rather than 3000 when at 100bclk - won't boot at 3000.

Guessing I should try dropping memory below 3000? Anything else? Also, I realize uncore needs to be higher, and I'll get it there, just trying to stabilize the main core clock.

Last edited:
I've had no problems with sleep mode in either of my two Gigabyte X99 motherboards - the UD4P I bought when X99 first came out and a really cheap UD3P I'm using now. I had heard about the "sleep bug" and got Gigabyte support to email me a special BIOS for the UD3P. But I haven't had to use it because I've been using the sleep mode continuously for 2 months without any issues. Does this only occur for hybrid sleep?
Are you still on the F1 bios?
F2b has the oc/sleep bug (when you wake from sleep you lose your oc)
F2c has the sleep crash bug
F20/F21a are meant for the new broadwell-e cpus

ok, I tried to downgrade to F1 bios and it bricked my board
recovered with q-flash plus back to F2c
tried to flash F2b, bricked board
recovered back to F2c

it seems flashing anything other than F2c will brick the board
I tried F21 and F21a last time and got the same results
I just wanna get rid of this semi annoying reset/sleep bug

guess I will try gigabyte support and see if they know anything
should have stayed on F1 to begin with

ok, I tried to downgrade to F1 bios and it bricked my board
recovered with q-flash plus back to F2c
tried to flash F2b, bricked board
recovered back to F2c

it seems flashing anything other than F2c will brick the board
I tried F21 and F21a last time and got the same results
I just wanna get rid of this semi annoying reset/sleep bug

guess I will try gigabyte support and see if they know anything
should have stayed on F1 to begin with

I don't think F2f has this issue - at least I haven't seen it. It has been my bios version of choice so far on this board.

Back