• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

calculating actual PPD for a single card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t1nm4n

I have HFM so I can record what each card is doing and a fairly accurate point margin that is recorded by HFM versus what I get cause I have slow upload and I lose some points cause it take 5-15min to upload the finished file to the server, but what calculation would you use. I am able to export the history file from HFM to Excel and get all the info I should need, but when it come to messing with time versus numerical values I don't know how to do this with any accuracy. Here is one spread sheet I have.

View attachment updatednewestdrivers.xls

As you can see I found a way to converted the amount of time HFM recorded to hours and minutes then took points recorded to get an average of my PPD production. I haven't separated by cards yet, mainly cause I'm not sure these numbers are accurate. I'm just curious how different driver affect production, I thought I had it right, but some of the formulas are auto-generated so I'm not sure what formula it is using, and when I try to plug in my own formula I keep coming up with different numbers, some of which look right but don't match, and some that are just insane, like a 290/390x could do 668k PPD, lol I wish.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated, also I realize that this is perfect world stuff, so it's not really practical, best would be to fold the same core/gen/run project 100 times to get a baseline for each driver you test with, but since that won't happen, this is the best I can do.

Try my app...it processes your log file and calculates actual points based off the log file information.

I don't see why not, but I never tested that scenario.

That being said, my app accesses:

- The log file: it opens it for shared read-only access...the F@H app can write to it while my app has it open with no problem (my app creates it's own file for analysis/parsing)
- Telnet: my app creates a separate telnet connection with the F@H app. This telnet connection runs simultaneously with the telnet connection between the F@H control and app

So it should work, no problem!

so far it seems too, anyway to import older log files or just have to let it build it's own.

The F@H app deletes its log file every time you restart it. However, my program will keep a perpetual log file as long as it is running.

Also, when you run it, it will synch its perpetual log file with the current log file. For example, before I reboot my machine, I fire up my app to get the current history.

Let me know if you want new features or find a bug!

Back