• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding some RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So as I have opted not to upgrade my laptop at this time it is time to make some small upgrades. The development environment I just started using uses up alot of RAM and so do my dozens of firefox tabs. I realize I should have done this 2 years ago, but alas this is when I am shopping for it. I need to find a reasonably priced DDR2-800 8GB kit. I have managed to find a few kits at my usual shops, but the price is annoying(120-250). So if anyone knows a good place to get older gear for fair prices leme know. Id really like to accomplish this for around $80 or less.

So as I have opted not to upgrade my laptop at this time it is time to make some small upgrades. The development environment I just started using uses up alot of RAM and so do my dozens of firefox tabs. I realize I should have done this 2 years ago, but alas this is when I am shopping for it. I need to find a reasonably priced DDR2-800 8GB kit. I have managed to find a few kits at my usual shops, but the price is annoying(120-250). So if anyone knows a good place to get older gear for fair prices leme know. Id really like to accomplish this for around $80 or less.

Do you have these micro centers around your area? A used PC hardware store or something?
Try searching on Ebay or Amazon.

I've got 4x2GB PC6400 & 2x4GB PC8500 in stock (well, in my RAM drawer) if you're interested in either. I'm willing to work out a deal to work them back into a PC. PM me if interested.

Humm not a terrible deal. Unknown brand shipping from china. I might give it a shot.

Back