• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kicking my butt now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I'd like to join the over clockers club next after I get it dialed in how I want it . Now I need to start reading how to overclock on the forums . I just kinda jumped in with both feet and hoped for the best . Lucky me it worked out, the real goal was 5.5 on air but after the reading I've done it looks to be out of the question unless I interduce a ton of air flow . I'm open to criticism and tips for anyone who wants to say anything .
If you want 5.0+ you're going to need a whole lot of cooling and will likely need to go sub ambient with it. If you really want to learn how to push your chip join us in the monthly benching competitions. Here

sub ambient...... phffffffffft! one big @zz radiater and a good pump is all it takes............
and a little time in the overclocktagon is a great idea, lots of secret sauce oooooozzzzzing out over there!!!!!!!!!

I check it out more soon. I worked last night 5pm to 3 am then they needed me back at 11am . Gotta work tmrw I try to check it out tmrw night . I did some more tuning . Memories overclocked to 2133mhz 1.6v still have some other stuff to work on I think I'm gonna be able to get it stablized at 5100mhz I took front panel off flipped it around so now there's a 230mm fan behind the socket lol. I couldn't beleave how much that helped .

- - - Updated - - -

Devils in the details when your pushing it as hard as you can on air !

It was not perfect I can't do back to back runs more then 2 times in a row. It will freeze on 3rd go around I also have better pictures of temps and what not I post. I've done a lot of reading on chill box and how to deal with condensation and how to insulate to avoid these problems . Fire strike I have a test of 12,450 right in that area the free one . I've saved the runs so should be online.

Solid firestrike physics score, great overall score for being on FX. Good stuff man.

Can you do a cinebench R15 run for single and multi-core?

I try to get what u wanted soon I've been busy moved fixing up my new house and what not. I will as soon as I get a chance .

sorry guys ive been busy with work and what not, I have not messed with phase changing as of yet. I how ever did add couple more fans, I still didn't do the bench u asked of me yet. I made some changes to the setup . Working on overclocking it some more. I hope with my next reply with uploaded picks I will be able to post a log of a stable 5.2 ghz on my setup.

Back