• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kicking my butt now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry I will say c next time . I've been busy not much time to do anything I think I'm just going to wait few more weeks pick MSI gtx1070 or 1080. Been playing war thunder . The Penh GTX 710 2g is better then nothing but it sucks

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in us as well good old Indiana

I went to best buy today and I bought a Evga geforce gtx1070 8gb superclocked. I like it. It does what i want It to do I almost just went with the xfx gtr hardswap rx480 8gb. I was wondering if you had to choose what would u have done it was. They do price match so i used new egg for a reduced price. I can still take it back and do that if I wanna it was 380
image1.JPG

image2.JPG

I had that XFX RX 480 8GB for a few days. It was too noisy and made too much heat for my small mini ITX box. But I think it would have been a fine 1080p GPU in a larger case. IMO if you will only be gaming at 1080p, the RX 480 is a better choice since it is a lot cheaper. But if you're gaming at 1440p or will be soon, stick with the GTX 1070.

I will stick with it then. I am still trying to get use to my computer! Ive always been on xbox or ps. The sound does not bother me it behind the tv. When i set it to max i just turn the fans on to 40% and it never gets over 45c. There is a fan blowing air to the 1070 on the side of the case so I am sure that helps a lot. I really liked that little xfx 270 I think that I returned . Just hoping I got a good deal on the card and I also recived a free copy for download of ghost recone

UserBenchmarks: Game 97%, Desk 50%, Work 44%
CPU: AMD FX-8370 - 62%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 134.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB - 97%
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 1866 C9 2x4GB - 34%
MBD: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0

This is done on userbenchmark.com ive been having trouble with g skill ram it preforme horribly

UserBenchmarks: Game 97%, Desk 50%, Work 44%
CPU: AMD FX-8370 - 62%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 134.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB - 97%
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 1866 C9 2x4GB - 34%
MBD: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0

any ideas?

It's not the G.Skill ram per se it's the way the FX IMC handles it that causes that low performance.
You do have it set to run at 1866 right? It won't do that automatically

correct I do sir . I can manage to do the basics
I wish I knew what to change there is a lot of settings in bios

Aside from that you can help the ram throughput but speeding up the CPU_NB. 2600 is not a bad speed and attainable by most. It's still not going to help a whole lot. Can you post a CPUz memory shot to show timings/speed and nb speed

In CPUz it will show as 933 that's normal. DDR means double data rate.
Does the machine work well and plays games? If so I wouldn't put much stock in userbenchmark. Like I said Mem performance is NOT the FX strong side

yes sir it plays games great. How ever another problem as been hurting me. Since I bought an open box from newegg didn't come with software disc for asus. So I went to website downloaded the helper which is supost to be compatible with my windows ten. Caused a crash couldn't be repaired lost everthing and had to re download everything!

I'm thinking maybe the AO helper , self diagnostics tool?
Either way like I said you can't fix what isn't broken. The memory performance on FX wasn't good. As long as you're stable and things are working stop looking for problems.

Your right it is the tool. Sorry I'm kind of a tool very bad at spelling. I apologize. I will just not worrie about it. I play warthunder as of right now settings maxed out frame rate locked at 60 fps with zero problems. I still need to learn how to over clock. I also just went back to work today long winter!. I hope to be working on a ryzan built within the next 3 to 4 weeks .

Update

I have changed a few different things on this computer

14857015353921093556664.jpg
this is the old setup

image_26.jpeg
I removed the hdd cage to help with air flow of the 2 120mm fans in the front of the case.

image_23.jpeg
I also cut out the side of the case were there was 2 120mm fans and fitted a single 230mm fan
I do have broke the fan bezal that would hide the cut lines on the case I order another on some time
it isn't a huge deal for me

I also bought a cheap ssd sandisk 250 gb I also order some sata cables to have all black but I ran into a problem
I was not paying attion when I order them. I bought esata so there no good to me. I will just have to order couple more some other time.
I also have my Seagate 1tb 7200 rpm drive I will use as a storage device. I have to say the new Noctua D15 with the 2 fans has been awesome it has performed better for me then some of my friends closed water loop setups that cost just slightly more then this. I did how ever have to remove the heat shield from my second ripjaw x series ram stick in order to mount the second fan. Its been an awesome build I love it!@

I am glad ive waited on ryzan they are still working out the bucks and what not. So for now im just gonna wait till more products have been added . I am sure I have a killed ryzan build before next year!

- - - Updated - - -

image_22.jpeg

I liked to add I have a total of 9 fans 2 cpu 140mm cooler fans, 2 120mm intake front, 3 120mm exhaust 2 top 1 rear. 1 230mm side panel intake and one bottom mount 120mm intake

I work on cars a lot moding my 91 talon tsi awd tube front end and what not . It wasn't to bad . I know it's running hotter then u would want so I'm gonna try messing with more settings as I only messed with cpl settings to get it to that point , I love the computer I'm really happy with it . It's kind of reminds me of when I first started modding my car it was never anuff and u always wanted more . Power speed it's a bug! I'm just glad this hobby is cheaper on my wallet ! I tell you tho removing hdd cage was super easy drimel with grinding stone remove rivits and it was out . I'd say so far in in it for around 1,300 bucks using cheap key board and my 55" flat screen .

I think I'd like to join the over clockers club next after I get it dialed in how I want it . Now I need to start reading how to overclock on the forums . I just kinda jumped in with both feet and hoped for the best . Lucky me it worked out, the real goal was 5.5 on air but after the reading I've done it looks to be out of the question unless I interduce a ton of air flow . I'm open to criticism and tips for anyone who wants to say anything .

Back