• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skt 1366 and Skt 2011 recomendations for Folding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
FIRST

I have an i7 3960x, all the DDR3 that I can handle and two 980Ti's that need a home. Not to mention my super speed SSD and large mech drive. I need a socket 2011 (NOT the 2011-v3) to support all of that gear which will be folding 24/7 when not gaming. I have a a full tower Fractal case with lots of air flow and a 80+Gold 1200 watt power supply so none of that is going to be a problem.

Presently I am looking at the Asus P9X79 Pro or WS. They are still a bit salty on the used market.

SECOND

I'm looking for a Socket 1366 board with similar specs. I need to be able to run *3* 980Ti's at x16 if possible. I have the CPU and RAM. For this I have been looking at the Asus P6t7 Supercomputer.

I run Stanford's Folding At Home 24/7. The second recommendation will sit on a shelf in the basement populated and running fully naked. I am looking for something with a strong reputation for reliability and the ability to run 980Ti's at x16. Please give me any information you have on these older boards.

Back