• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD blowout at Microcenter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

Their words, not mine.

And the small print "with any motherboard, processor, PC or Mac system." And I think they're all "in store only." Some prices include:

850 EVO 500GB $130 (limit 4)
850 Pro 512GB $180
960 EVO 500GB $185
960 Pro 512GB $245

Prices w/out combos are only $5 more so those prices are still pretty good IMO.

Is the shortage that caused the bump in SSD prices now over? Is Samsung getting ready to revamp the line and clearing out stock?

My readings have lead me to believe that the short supply will dry up in the spring of '18. New fabs and revamped older fabs are expected to all be online with the latest die shrinks, stacking techniques, controllers. And none of this has slowed the adoption/innovation of solid state drives. This should result in temporary inventory adjustments like the one at MC but nothing too trendy or deep. New makes and models are on the horizon.

Well a lot of it probably has to do with IMFT's Xpoint and Sandisk's 64 layer BICS is about to hit retail and knock the floor out from current Samsung SSD prices.

Back