• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

project: Nearly Impossible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is a good point. :thup:
The rear panel can be swapped out fairly easily so I could make panels designed for both VGA orientations.
This also applies to the top and bottom panels, they can be made any height to create more or less room for radiators and fans, changing these would require new side panels though, unless I design a 3 piece side panel where the middle section always stays the same and each radiator compartment has its own small side panels.

Now your'e going in the right direction :) In all honestly I think that looks better than the CaseLabs and MM tower cases. You really did a top notch job Snowman.

Thanks!
I would agree that changes would have to be made if I was going to produce these. Graphics cards would have normal orientation, the radiator compartments could very easily be made taller, I would add a drive rack for 3.5" drives, etc.

I would definitely have to work with production processes to bring cost down though... it took 14 hours of machining to cut out the parts for this case and that is just ridiculous if you are trying to make money on it lol. The parts would probably have to be laser cut instead of milled out, media blasted instead of sanded, etc.

With all that said, I probably wont be doing a production run. But if someone really wants one, I may consider custom building and shipping for the right price. :)

I dont use any 3,5" bays at all, i like the way the gpu's sit.

Price would possible be high for one off productions.

This guy started like you, with a custom home made case. Look where he is now. http://www.ldcooling.com/

I have been getting some supplies together for finishing the case and building the water blocks in the last couple weeks.
I got a sheet of 3/8" black Delrin (acetal) and a 1/4" plate of C145 Copper.
I also got a bunch of 6-32 thread torx screws for case and water block assembly.
picture.php

picture.php

I have also been working on my water block designs, trying to get them flow optimized and ready to build.
Note that the CPU block will also be cooling the power delivery section of my motherboard.
Also note the way better render quality now that I am using this project rig for designing. :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well I couldn't keep myself from playing with clock speeds any longer... :p

So I gave it a try, and here is what I ended up at
picture.php

What do you guys think?

Hey guys,
I have been sitting on the fence for far too long on the subject of what type of tubing to use. I knew I wanted something rigid right from the beginning, but I think I have finally settled on 1/2" OD soft copper piping and Primochill Revolver (rigid tube compression) fittings.
Bending the copper will be a huge task with how complex the sections are... but I think it will give me the nicest end result.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can keep the copper pipes from tarnishing over time? I don't really want to apply any clear coats or anything like that. perhaps some sort of wax or something..? or I guess I could just get them chromed or nickel plated..

Here are some renders of the window side with copper pipes.

picture.php

picture.php

Back