• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 754 A64s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adaman

Anything interesting happen to the Socket 754 A64s? Any of the newer ones OC real high or anything? Just wondering. Last i saw highest stable OC for a 754 A64 3000 was about 2.6.

Last edited:
The 90nm socket 939's really blow away the 130nm socket 754's in terms of overclocking. One thing to note is the new 90nm semprons for socket 754, of which I have one that arrived yesterday. I would tell you how well it overclocks besides the fact that the motherboard hasn't arrived yet. It is on a local fedex truck for delivery, so I am hoping to get it today.

The Oakville apparantly hit OEM laptops a few months ago. One person here mentioned coming across one. 35W, Socket 754, 90nm fab process.

If you're looking for an upgrade, one of the newer mobile or mobile DTR chips are the way to go, these hit 2.6-2.7GHz fairly easily and have 1mb l2 cache.

Gautam said:
The Oakville apparantly hit OEM laptops a few months ago. One person here mentioned coming across one. 35W, Socket 754, 90nm fab process.

If you're looking for an upgrade, one of the newer mobile or mobile DTR chips are the way to go, these hit 2.6-2.7GHz fairly easily and have 1mb l2 cache.

Are those socket 754? That's mainly what i'm looking for, just to upgrade my current CPU. My Mobo only supports 754. I don't have a laptop either if that matters :p

Last edited:
That article has been posed twice now and i fail to see how it's related, beside the fact it's an A64, what am i missing? :p

Anyways, i guess i know what i need to know now. I've got my eye set on the DTR. Should i be able to OC the 3000 DTR pretty high? I've had bad luck overclocking in the past.

Last edited:
one post i just saw today stated someone had an OC from a 1.8 newcastle up to 2.5ghz going 1.6vcore on stock HS/F...pretty damn nice...it was edition .6 whatever that is (right beside the name of the CPU in the HCPUID shot)

Mobiles & DTR Mobiles don't have Integrated Heat Spreaders. Thats why that article is important ;).

Check out my sig for my 2800 Newcastle OC... not to bad on air. Gonna have a full h20 setup in about a month (buying stuff slowly) and i am sure i can hit 310FSB with this thing.

The DTR/Mobile processors are great buys due to the low wattage and 1MB cache. However, the upcoming 90nm chips are rated at 25 and 35w, and should provide greater scalability than current mobile products. If you can bear your current system for a while longer, I'd hold out for one of those.

deception``

deception`` said:
The DTR/Mobile processors are great buys due to the low wattage and 1MB cache. However, the upcoming 90nm chips are rated at 25 and 35w, and should provide greater scalability than current mobile products. If you can bear your current system for a while longer, I'd hold out for one of those.

deception``

Will those be socket 754?

I understand about the heat spreaders now, thanks.

deception`` said:

deception``

I'm waiting for those as well, when are they coming out? 25W? :drool:

spazzmattah said:
I'm waiting for those as well, when are they coming out? 25W? :drool:

Not sure at the moment. I'd say a couple of months is a good estimate. I'm looking to test these as well.

deception``

Alright, i won't lie, i don't know what 25w or 35w means exactly :p, i'd appreciate an explanation if someone were to post or link me to some info.

Think they will be pretty costly when they are released?

stang8118 said:
Check out my sig for my 2800 Newcastle OC... not to bad on air. Gonna have a full h20 setup in about a month (buying stuff slowly) and i am sure i can hit 310FSB with this thing.
what are the RAM timings?

Back