• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't login to the ea servers now, got booted then couldn't reconnect. /sadface.

I love getting booted to desktop everytime I get an IM :bang head

Other than the glitches though, of which there are many, I'm liking the game alot more than I thought I would after trying beta.

My clan's servers...we all somehow managed to get in. And within minutes, all 4 of them were packed.

Sidenote, My Gamestop AKS74 didnt seem to unlock. The code was accepted, but I can't select it.

Done with single player.

Will need to find some good east coast servers that are actively moderated. There are already working aimbots (there have been since the beta, which was blatantly obvious on some servers) so if anyone else knows some good servers where the admins actually care about keeping the real players, post them here.

Don't let that sound like a deterrent from the game though, this is present in every single fps; it's a matter of finding the right servers to play on.

Only played Multiplayer for an hour today... The graphics arent as good as Modern Warfare 2 but it's decent.

I was playing Recon (Sniper) and found that they take into account gravity for bullet drop over long distances. (Luckily your scope doesn't move at all otherwise it would be near impossible to hit anyone.) I don't like the fact it usually takes 2 hits to kill someone though.

I'll unlock some stuff and see how it goes but so far I liked MW2 better.

Tom , use the default sniper rifle you are given from the start, it as far as i know has the highest damage. I usually get 1 shot kills all the time.

Hopefully they patch the game soon. I've been playing on a friend's server and it runs fine for a couple maps but than boots everyone. It almost seems like when the server starts filling up it crashes. From what I've heard its a bug with the server software EA gave server providers. I just find it annoying that the servers are having all these issues in the retail version of the game but there was nothing like this in the beta.

@ Tommy
Sniping takes one shot if you hit the upper body or the head. I can't wait until I unlock the 50 cal sniper that you get to use in single player. That thing should be a beast in mp.

Only played Multiplayer for an hour today... The graphics arent as good as Modern Warfare 2 but it's decent.

I was playing Recon (Sniper) and found that they take into account gravity for bullet drop over long distances. (Luckily your scope doesn't move at all otherwise it would be near impossible to hit anyone.) I don't like the fact it usually takes 2 hits to kill someone though.

I'll unlock some stuff and see how it goes but so far I liked MW2 better.

How are the graphics better than MW2..

Done with single player.

Will need to find some good east coast servers that are actively moderated. There are already working aimbots (there have been since the beta, which was blatantly obvious on some servers) so if anyone else knows some good servers where the admins actually care about keeping the real players, post them here.

Don't let that sound like a deterrent from the game though, this is present in every single fps; it's a matter of finding the right servers to play on.

+1 if someone knows a good East Coast servers that are closely monitored that would be awesome. Definetly starting to see obvious aimbots. Couple of guys in my ITE class were actaully talking about using them soon as the game went live.

Apparently the EA servers went down last night for a couple hours. I got a few hours in after they came back up, enough to earn the XM8. For me, the game was flawless. No lag, no glitches, no issues what so ever. Crazy fun too. I really like the maps for this game.

Although they said they killed spawn camping, the map where there are marshes/rivers through the middle is a dangerous one for that. There is a bottleneck that the deployment location for one of the teams has to go through. If the other side captures the 4 points (happened last night to me) you are trapped back there hoping to get a lucky break while they rain fire down on your team

Last edited:
if im not mistaken its like BF2- "Q+click" . Very handy when in a squad, though when looking thru a sniper scope it didnt always work.
Not sure how the console version take screens, but i always just use prnt scrn

That's nice that it's tied to the fire button. I wish they did that for the cosole version the Select/Back buttons are so out of the way when you're in the middle of a fire fight.

Back