• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing Choices. What's your Pick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you can't route a system with silicone tubing, something's messed up I think.

Be neat to see if you can improve the bend radius even more though.

seamadan000 said:
this may be a dumb question, but where do you get those coolsleeves?

Right now you can get them at SVC or at Frozen CPU. I'm sure you will see them at more retailers soon.

seamadan000 said:
this may be a dumb question, but where do you get those coolsleeves?

edit- question answered above. thx.

Last edited:
Voodoo Rufus said:
For the cheap ones: vinyl

For the good stuff: McMaster's silicone tubing.

Just my opinion. ;)

How's the silcon system coming along? Did you actually get to set yours up?

The silicon tubing is sweet. Stretches over 5/8" (probably even larger) effortlessly.

Page 85 of the Mcmaster.com catalogue - Clearflex60 is good stuff for 65 cents a foot :).

Lothar - that's ridiculous. I'm ordering some 1/16" walled clearflex, and coolsleeves right now :p

Clearflex is the best tubing you can use for watercooling. I would just ignore what people say here to go to websites and order, shipping costs ca nhurt ya. Go to youre local hardware store, like Ace hardware, Home depot or lows. They sell it thier 10 feet for $2

I would also suggest getting 1/2 size tubing 3/8 is to flow restricting.

Altho i use 5/8 which is way to big to fit on any water cooling system i Modded the ends of the tubes to fit properly without leaking.

I would just ignore what people say here to go to websites and order, shipping costs ca nhurt ya.

Just my experience, but I disagree. www.mcmaster.com is an absolutely incredible retailer, and their price for clearflex60 (and almost anything else - like Military grade Teflon tape and fittings) is unbeatable.

You also can't beat next day shipping for $5, which is what I seem to get and pay each time I order from them. I also live up in Canada, but they Expedit the parcel, don't seem to charge me for next day shipping, and somehow avoid customs tariffs.

www.mcmaster.com is the best online retailer I have ever had the pleasure of ordering from, and I would get tubing, fittings, and other gear from them over a local store without thinking twice (the shipping costs are so low that it ends up being cheaper if you're buying a fair amount of stuff anyways).

My local Hardware stores are also all extremely huge, yet lack real quality products, and seem to stock a lot of 'cheap junk'.

felinusz said:

Just my experience, but I disagree. www.mcmaster.com is an absolutely incredible retailer, and their price for clearflex60 (and almost anything else - like Military grade Teflon tape and fittings) is unbeatable.

You also can't beat next day shipping for $5, which is what I seem to get and pay each time I order from them. I also live up in Canada, but they Expedit the parcel, don't seem to charge me for next day shipping, and somehow avoid customs tariffs.

www.mcmaster.com is the best online retailer I have ever had the pleasure of ordering from, and I would get tubing, fittings, and other gear from them over a local store without thinking twice (the shipping costs are so low that it ends up being cheaper if you're buying a fair amount of stuff anyways).

My local Hardware stores are also all extremely huge, yet lack real quality products, and seem to stock a lot of 'cheap junk'.

Absolutely 100% I agree. I'd rather spend $100 at McMaster than any other E-tailer, even New Egg.

I wouldn't touch cheap tubing, ala Home Depot, with somebody else's fingers.

Tygon half inch ID with thick-wall tubing will not kink on very tight turns. I live literally blocks away from McMasters and they ROCK! with the retail trade, even though their bread and butter is wholesale.

Stupid question:
Is this the clearflex?

5231K237
PVC Tubing Chemical, 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" Wall, Clear

Quantity Per Ft.
1-99 Ft. $0.65
100 or more 0.52

I second that fellas, Mcmaster is where it's at for clearflex 60...now the Tygon they got their is the stuff and all but wow is it expensive. :)

clearflex...forget tygon! tubing should be redone every 6 months anyway. Also the stuff at home depot is purdy good too, though horribly stiff

Back