• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 energy saving probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubusmedusa

Registered
Hi,

for some unknown reason my fans all keep running when I switch into energy saving mode. Display is switched off, on/off button is blinking as it should in this mode but grafics card-fan and all other fans keep running.
Is this a known issue or any ideas what the reason for this could be?

Cheers,
Chris

Are you referring to the EPU Power Saving MODE setting in the UEFI? And if so, what do you have the mode set to... Auto, Medium, or Max?

Actually i was referring to the choice you have when clicking the windows start button. Shut down, standby or hibernation. Hibernation is gone due to the ssd settings. Standby used to work but at a certain timepoint the fans did not stop running. I have to say i did a lot with the system. Building, modding, etc. But i never played with epu. The c-states are set to auto in bios.

The epu settings in the ai suite II are max.

Played with epu settings in ai suite. No effect on the problem.

Edit: Afaik epu affects the running system and has nothing to do with the windows standby.

If i change cpu c6 report from auto to enable it works once. After reboot again not working. Then switching back to auto. Real standby works once. After reboot again not working. So weird...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the board is going into S1 sleep instead of S3 sleep. Make sure your BIOS is up to date. Try setting it to defaults and see if sleep works correctly. I have a P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 too and have not seen this problem. It could be related to your overclock settings or another BIOS setting.

Hi,
Bios is up to date. Set everything back to default and it worked - once - again. I played around a little bit and my prime suspect is the AI Suite but I am not sure yet. Will do further testing.

Back