• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4200 - Heatsink Removal ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

labmixz

Hi,
Recently I had the same problem most people have been having with the ti4200, more to the extent of it crashing the whole system on boot up even...

my machine if excellently cooled, so I didn't think heat would be the problem, till I read a article about some of the ti4200 asylum fan's being defective... sure enough I flipped my case over and checked it out and there the fan was trying to spin... making about 3rpm's... lol

So needless to say I took it out that night and ordered a cooling kit for it... while waiting for the new fan and memory heatsinks to come in I decided I was going to rip off the fan / heatsink...

I took off the fan, but seems the heatsink is attached to the chip... I was reading a few articles that say to "pull out the white pins to remove the heatsink... but I've looked good and hard at the back of this thing, and haven't found any "white pins"

My Question is how do you remove the heatsink ? Should I just try and rip it off or what ? I'm assuming it's held on by a themal compound or something... Any easy ways to do this w/o damaging the chip or board ?

(The card is the Asylum 128mb GeForce4 ti4200)
Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
~labmixz

Last edited:
Back